12/6/23 7:00PM EST Memphis Grizzlies @ Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

"but monte morris isnt here so we really cant judge this team yet."

- JEIII (probably)

keith langlois will just flat out tell you the pistons are good, it just hasnt translated into wins yet.

we can all get mad but it wont matter.  gores isnt even awake yet, he has no idea.

is this worse than 79-80 when they went 16-66?

let's remember, before that season started the pistons traded their first round pick for bob mcadoo.  that pick ended up #1 and the celtics took joe barry carroll and then flipped him to golden state for robert parish and the warriors #1 pick who ended up being kevin mchale.

so not only did they have the worst record in franchise history, they got no #1 pick out of it AND built the foundation for the celtics' dynasty.

great work d*ick vitale.

so troy weaver still has some work to do to be the worst gm in pistons history.  that said, vitale did win 30 games the year before, which is 11 more games than weaver's team has won in the last TWO YEARS!

48 minutes ago, buddha said:

let's remember, before that season started the pistons traded their first round pick for bob mcadoo.  that pick ended up #1 and the celtics took joe barry carroll and then flipped him to golden state for robert parish and the warriors #1 pick who ended up being kevin mchale.

so not only did they have the worst record in franchise history, they got no #1 pick out of it AND built the foundation for the celtics' dynasty.

great work d*ick vitale.

so troy weaver still has some work to do to be the worst gm in pistons history.  that said, vitale did win 30 games the year before, which is 11 more games than weaver's team has won in the last TWO YEARS!

In all the years I've watched the 4 pro teams in Det, this team may well be the one that least looks like it even belongs in the arena with the teams they are playing. The Lions went winless in '08 but were still within 10pts in 7 games. The Tigers lost 119 but on any day with a good starting performance they still could still look respectable. 

The thing I keep coming back to.  The one that just kicks me in the balls.  This is year 4 of the rebuild.  This is the year they were going to push for wins.  And they are just a terrible team.

All the other teams we compare them to were not in year 4.  Those were mostly teams at the beginning of their rebuild.  Not us!

who will be the first beat writer to talk about "internal divisions" in the front office over playing time?  followed by the subtle "this is why some in the FO balked at hiring monty williams" tweets.

that's when you'll know who is getting their info from troy weaver and needs to protect that source.

22 minutes ago, buddha said:

who will be the first beat writer to talk about "internal divisions" in the front office over playing time?  followed by the subtle "this is why some in the FO balked at hiring monty williams" tweets.

that's when you'll know who is getting their info from troy weaver and needs to protect that source.

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Wow.  I forgot it was rumored Weaver did not want Williams.  That could get interesting.  

Maybe Williams, having discovered he doesn't have the support of his GM and in general what a dysfunctional org he has signed on with is now already trying to get himself fired/bought out. Would explain his lineups as well as anything else......🤷‍♀️

Edited by gehringer_2

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe Williams, having discovered he doesn't have the support of his GM and in general what a dysfunctional org he has signed on with is now already trying to get himself fired/bought out. Would explain his lineups as well as anything else......🤷‍♀️

or, if we want to go the conspiracy route, maybe williams wants to show gores that the players weaver has given him suck.  which would explain why he keeps trotting james wiseman out there.

10 hours ago, buddha said:

great work d*ick vitale.

Tracking NBA draft pick transactions, how they got flipped in trades, on basketball reference can be quite the rabbit hole.

We should have known Weaver was in over his head the moment we heard him talk and realized that this man can't even put together a coherent sentence. Uh..restore...uh...uh...restorating....uh....uhhhh....uhhh....restoration. My apologies if he actually has some kind of speech disorder but he just sounds like a guy who would be a bad GM.

Edited by NYLion

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Pistons continue to find new lows, it's quite remarkable. Is there any chance that Gores sells? That's the only way to pull this franchise out of the dumpster because it's been nothing but **** since Davidson passed away and it gets worse every year.

Wasn't the Ilitch family rumored to be interested in the Pistons when the Davidson family sold?  Was there any other serious interest?

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Wasn't the Ilitch family rumored to be interested in the Pistons when the Davidson family sold?  Was there any other serious interest?

So Chris would leave Weaver in place for several years, eventually buy out Williams and hire a better coach that is a better fit, finally fire Weaver and bring in a sucessful GM and maybe they win in 2030?

:classic_wink:

Edited by gehringer_2

44 minutes ago, casimir said:

I think that broadcast has been relegated to PASS.

When I was a teenager and just moved to NE Indiana from Michigan. My Dad called a satellite provider and ordered one of those massive dishes you would see back in the 90's. He wanted Pass so we could watch Detroit sports. My part of the deal was I had to trench and bury cable from dish to the house. It was a 150' run. Long story short the day I got it finished the installer came to activate the dish. That night was Tigers opening day on the road in Toronto if I am not mistaken. Turned on the pregame and sat down to watch after all my hard work! Clock struck 7PM and the screen went black and read "Black out in your area". I was never so distraught....

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I've become more interested in the Pistons because of their losing. I can't look away. I've bought into the theory that Detroit has to have one completely inept franchise and that is no longer the Lions. 

There was a segment on The Valenti Show (I know, not everybody's Cup of Tea) saying that they're must watch TV for that very reason. It's witnessing history. Once they win a game IF they win a game, they'll go back to irrelevancy.