12/28 @7:30PM Detroit Pistons @ Boston Celtics

Tigeraholic1

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Cade is eligible for an extension this summer.  I would have a max offer on his agents desk immediately.  

what player would sign a deal from a team lead by Weaver? Of all people the players, and Cade in particular, must understand what a mess their line-up has been constructed to be.

If I were Cade I'd be studying/talking to LeBron and Magic. "You put in people I approve - then I will stay" Heck, that might be the best hope for the franchise.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

what player would sign a deal from a team lead by Weaver? Of all people the players, and Cade in particular, must understand what a mess their line-up has been constructed to be.

The smart player.

He can sign the extension two seasons before it even takes effect.  That is security against future injuries and even against bad performance.   Oh, and it will be about a quarter of a billion dollars.  Other teams can't provide that security since he would have to wait another two seasons to sign with a new team.

If he wants out he will sign the extension, play the first season of the extension since he can't be traded that year, then demand a trade.

• Like 1

I'm sure Cade will sign the extension since that gets him the most money but I'm not so sure that he wont just pull a typical NBA superstar and demand a trade right after signing that extension. 

edit: Just saw Del's post about him having to play atleast 1 season under the extension before being traded, did not know that. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The smart player.

He can sign the extension two seasons before it even takes effect.  That is security against future injuries and even against bad performance.   Oh, and it will be about a quarter of a billion dollars.  Other teams can't provide that security since he would have to wait another two seasons to sign with a new team.

If he wants out he will sign the extension, play the first season of the extension since he can't be traded that year, then demand a trade.

depends how much he want to win I guess. You can demand a trade, doesn't mean you get it. No doubt the rules favor the home team.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

How many players can you name that demanded a trade and didn't get it?  Not scrubs.  I mean the max contract types.  They have a pretty good track record.  

Up until the last couple of weeks I'd have cited Harden as a cautionary tale, but suddenly not so much! As a fan I'd still rather see him stay but use his leverage to get the FO canned. Doesn't Gores have a history of liking to make up to players. Cade could use that.....🦊

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Why is Killian getting minutes? He's not an NBA player. Same with Wiseman. Also, can we stop rolling out the entire bench at once? How about keeping one of Cade and/or Ivey in the game at all times to have someone that can create for himself and others? Is staggering a lineup that hard for a Detroit coaching staff? First Casey and now Monty, neither understand how to stagger. While you're learning how to coach, is calling a good play out of a timeout too much to ask?

On a positive note, Stew was injured and so we rolled out a starting lineup (if you squint real hard) that actually looked like a real NBA lineup instead of two Centers. I don't expect Monty to figure that out and make a change, but there it is. Knox isn't that guy in the long run, he's like the G-League version, but he fits the profile of the type of player you need in that spot: Length, athleticism, spacing, can attack a close-out and finish.

Hayes over Sasser because they are chasing that next win.  I don't agree with it, but that's what it is.

They should have at least two of Cunningham, Ivey, and Bogdanovich out on the floor at all times.  The "hockey line shift" was mentioned on the broadcast last night in the 1st.

This is just an awful situation all around.  I can't believe some of us were actually thinking they could flirt with the play in (self included) and here we are today looking a team that is somehow worse than last season.

37 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hayes over Sasser because they are chasing that next win.  I don't agree with it, but that's what it is.

They should have at least two of Cunningham, Ivey, and Bogdanovich out on the floor at all times.  The "hockey line shift" was mentioned on the broadcast last night in the 1st.

This is just an awful situation all around.  I can't believe some of us were actually thinking they could flirt with the play in (self included) and here we are today looking a team that is somehow worse than last season.

I think a thing in basketball is that once you are really bad, the game scores stop getting worse because the other team plays down to maintaining a 10-15 pt lead. So it's hard to know how bad a team is. You look at the last half last season, and you think, "Cade is back so they will be better", and here he is but they aren't. But maybe they actually are a little better but still so bad the game scores don't look any different. Of course you would have hoped that Cade would have made so much difference that it would have to show up, and maybe he could if not for Williams who, as impossible as it seems, appears to be an even worse fit for this team than Casey was.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think a thing in basketball is that once you are really bad, the game scores stop getting worse because the other team plays down to maintaining a 10-15 pt lead. So it's hard to know how bad a team is. You look at the last half last season, and you think, "Cade is back so they will be better", and here he is but they aren't. But maybe they actually are a little better but still so bad the game scores don't look any different. Of course you would have hoped that Cade would have made so much difference that it would have to show up, and maybe he could if not for Williams who, as impossible as it seems, appears to be an even worse fit for this team than Casey was.

Yeah, that’s possible.  The bench gets a little longer in some games, but the score differential might remain stagnant.

On 12/29/2023 at 2:15 PM, casimir said:

Right, and we have Monty as our head coach, so if it didn't work for the last 28 games let's just keep doing the same thing. Maybe those players who should be playing in China (Hayes, Wiseman) will eventually get them over the top because they dive on the ball in practice.