12/28 @7:30PM Detroit Pistons @ Boston Celtics

Tigeraholic1

are we looking at the Spurs and The Rockets games in the 2nd week of January as the highest chance of a win? because thats 35 losses in a row at that point... and i realize the next will probably be some random mid-week game that some good team is overlooking the Pistons and sitting their stars

Edited by Toddwert

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I mean, Houston has a winning record. They probably already have more wins (15) than Detroit will win all season.

and they have a weird rivalry with detroit thanks to jalen greene being an ass.  so they'll probably try to put it on us.

and dillon brooks - also an ass - is on that team.

Assuming Weaver does eventually get canned at some point this season I feel bad for whomever has to come in and try to clean up his mess. They would get gifted a potential young star player in Cade but he's also almost due an extension and who knows if he will even want to stay here. Other than that though there is really not alot of redeeming qualities about this roster. 

Another good thing though is that given his track record you would get to work with a patient Owner, you figure he's going to give you atleast 4 years to try to get things moving in the right direction before your seat gets hot. 

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Assuming Weaver does eventually get canned at some point this season I feel bad for whomever has to come in and try to clean up his mess. They would get gifted a potential young star player in Cade but he's also almost due an extension and who knows if he will even want to stay here. Other than that though there is really not alot of redeeming qualities about this roster. 

Another good thing though is that given his track record you would get to work with a patient Owner, you figure he's going to give you atleast 4 years to try to get things moving in the right direction before your seat gets hot. 

IF Cunningham were to be traded by a new GM in order to get this franchise on the right track, Gores has to fall on that sword.

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I know people don't want to hear it but the best possible solution, since they have no interest in making real changes to the front office, is to stand pat with the young core and target mid level vets that know how to play a 2 way game. Like it or not, THIS group (Cade, Ausar and Duren) along with the 2024 pick will be the Pistons core so these are the guys they'll have to develop. Get rid of the dead weight, free Ivey, and bring in some competent support players.

Guys like Siakam, OG, Harris and Bridges (why the F would they target this piece of filth?) are not going to move the needle in any meaningful direction, the Pistons are just too many players away from being 1-2 players away. Those are the type of players that a team like Orlando, Houston or Indiana should target. Teams that are 1-2 players from contention, maybe OKC with their war chest of assets to work with.

Edited by NYLion