1/1 8PM Detroit Pistons @ Houston 🚀

1 hour ago, buddha said:

3-79 is still on the table.

It’s feasible to see another losing streak developing on this road trip.  Looking at 0-4 before returning home (unless the NBA gives away another home game) vs the Kings, Spurs, then Rockets.

Heck, looking at January, they have the Spurs, Wizards, and Hornets at home which are likely they’re most winnable games.  That’s not to assume that they will win any of those.

So, I think it will be interesting to see if Sasser and Thompson get some more run tonight now that they’ve gotten that win.  No doubt that’s why Sasser lost minutes, although I disagree with the rationale.

22 minutes ago, casimir said:

It’s feasible to see another losing streak developing on this road trip.  Looking at 0-4 before returning home (unless the NBA gives away another home game) vs the Kings, Spurs, then Rockets.

Heck, looking at January, they have the Spurs, Wizards, and Hornets at home which are likely they’re most winnable games.  That’s not to assume that they will win any of those.

So, I think it will be interesting to see if Sasser and Thompson get some more run tonight now that they’ve gotten that win.  No doubt that’s why Sasser lost minutes, although I disagree with the rationale.

i suspect they'll win more games simply by luck of the draw.  nights where the shots fall for them and not the other team, and the other team simply taking "the night off" as nba teams are wont to do in a long, grinding season.  now that the raptors gave raptored and lost the unloseable game, the pressure is off the pistons' opponents not to be "that team".  

with that, this team still sucks and still cant shoot, so they'll continue to be bad but just not historically bad.  they might even win a couple in a row.

its hard to lose that many nba games in a row if youre not trying to.  that's why this run was so miraculously bad, they were trying to win!  this was not the process sixers.  

which is why the front office should all be dismissed...

I mentioned in the Raptors thread just how much had to go right just for the Pistons to eek out a 2pt win at home against a Raptors team that just traded one of their best players and didn't get to suit the players they got in return so yeah it's hard to envision them winning a whole lot more unless they catch teams on their bad shooting nights. 

this is what happens when cade has on off night.

i mean, it happens all the time when he has an ON night, but if he's off theyre going to get absolutely slaughtered.

and why is wiseman playing so much?  once again leading the team with a -24 when he's on the court.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

by the numbers this was an odd one. Other than Cade, the Pistons shot 55% from the field and a whopping 54% on treys, but the bad ball handling always leaves them in a hole.....they had 8 more TOs

At one point, BSD showed a graphic about points off of turnovers, Rockets 27 and Pistons 5.

So, I guess ball control isn’t a resolution for 2024.

18 hours ago, buddha said:

i suspect they'll win more games simply by luck of the draw.  nights where the shots fall for them and not the other team, and the other team simply taking "the night off" as nba teams are wont to do in a long, grinding season.  now that the raptors gave raptored and lost the unloseable game, the pressure is off the pistons' opponents not to be "that team".  

with that, this team still sucks and still cant shoot, so they'll continue to be bad but just not historically bad.  they might even win a couple in a row.

The problem for the Pistons is that they can’t not turn the ball over.  Then the next problem, if they haven’t turned the ball over, is the shooting.  Seems a bad combo when the defense sucks, too.