Bagley and Livers traded

They essentially traded 2 seconds and Livers to get out of the Bagley contract a year early. It's a meh move on my part, yeah it's nice to have 13 million more this offseason but it doesn't do us any good if it isn't put to good use. Also although 2nd rounders rarely amount to anything you can sometimes find guys particularly early in the round so they aren't completely valueless. 

PS: Ausar instead of Harris if it's defense over offense.

PPS: I still want Sasser as the starting PG because I think he fits best with Cade IMO, even though he's a rookie...

PPPS: Starting Sasser would drop Killian to garbage (Wiseman) or defense-only minutes (Ausar) like these other two...

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I'm laughing as I watch people describe Gallo. They are describing the player he was 8 years ago. He is a very different player now.

Yes.  Let's not say he's a floor spacer until he vastly improves upon that clanky .313 3PT% he's hoisting up so far this season.  That % would be 9th best on Detroit.  But its better than Livers' .286, so hey, let's party.

48 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

PS: Ausar instead of Harris if it's defense over offense.

PPS: I still want Sasser as the starting PG because I think he fits best with Cade IMO, even though he's a rookie...

PPPS: Starting Sasser would drop Killian to garbage (Wiseman) or defense-only minutes (Ausar) like these other two...

I see where you're going with PG, but Hayes would jump over Sasser once the next losing streak gets to 20 games.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Cade-Bojan-Danilo-Duren are starters: plug in whatever PG fits...

Ivey-Burks-Harris-Stew-Muscala main guys off the bench.

Should drop Wiseman to garbage minutes.

Isn't this trade a win?

no.

its a nothing burger trade.  gallinari barely plays on washington.  he is a "threat" from 3 like joe harris is a "threat" from 3.  in other words, if you have a time machine and can take this team back 5 years ago they would both be great additions.  but you cant.

bagley for all his many many flaws is better than gallinari.  the supposed difference is gallinari can shoot 3s and bagley cant.  true.  but he doesnt shoot them much anymore because he is old and doesnt play very well.

and if you think this somehow lessens wiseman's participation, i got news for you.  bagley is better than wiseman and he didnt play.  why would we think monty is going to play 0 centers on his fabled bench unit now?

and why would you think harris would suddenly be a plus contributor?  because the great isaiah livers is no longer blocking his way?  harris - like gallinari - is cooked.  done.  finito.  playing out the string on their massive contracts.

all this does is show what a horrible extension the bagley deal was.  you had to pay two second round picks to give his salary away for JUNK.  its just like the plumlee deal.  yet another big man signed to a ridiculous contract that you had to give assets away to get rid of ONE YEAR LATER.

i'll wait for the other shoe to drop because i keep hoping that weaver isnt that stupid to make this deal without another one coming, or at least SOME type of asset coming back.  

but that is likely wishful thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

guys, sasser is tiny and not very good righr now.  i understand the "let him play he's a rookie" vibe, but if he amounts to anything more than a shooting guard off the bench i'll be surprised.

i get it.  were all grasping at straws with this team.  understandable.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

$60m in cap space this summer.

Zach LaVine come on down. You're the next contestant on overpaying for marginal players.

they're going to trade their first round pick on draft night plus ivey for lavine or some other washed up overrated injury prone 30 year old "all star", arent they?

is that better than a max deal for 30 year old declining pascal siakem?  or a max deal for anunoby?

just wait until they draft bronny in round one and then sign lebron.  lol.  i'm only partially kidding.

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

they're going to trade their first round pick on draft night plus ivey for lavine or some other washed up overrated injury prone 30 year old "all star", arent they?

is that better than a max deal for 30 year old declining pascal siakem?  or a max deal for anunoby?

just wait until they draft bronny in round one and then sign lebron.  lol.  i'm only partially kidding.

is Allen Iverson Available?

only an owner as stupid as tom gores would allow the man who put them in position to be the worst team in nba history try to make trades to bring them out of that position.

why why why?  WHY?

tom gores makes william clay ford look like red auerbach.  this incompetence is amazing to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddha said:

no.

its a nothing burger trade...

... but that is likely wishful thinking.

This trade is not about Gallinari and Muscala.

It's not about winning the trade.

It's certainly not about defense. Or a bright future (for the guys we traded for).

It's not even about dumping Bagley's contract.

And maybe they (Danilo and Muscala) can find a little extra gas and hit some 3's at better rates than they have this season... or maybe not. I'm not wishful thinking at all about this.

This trade is SOLELY... about developing Cade-Ivey-Duren-etc. Maybe Danilo doesn't do any better than Livers. And Muscala doesn't do any better than Bagley. But on a WAG: I think it helps those guys and the other kids a WHOLE lot better than Bagley & Livers. I think it will help floor spacing (I obviously think the two will start shooting better... with more floor time) which will help the kids. And maybe it even gets an extra couple wins... So I'm certainly not saying WOW! I'm not. I just think it helps the kids more, and maybe gets a couple wins for the team instead of another 20-something losing streak. 

Muscala is the bench Center, BTW. Wiseman is now garbage-time Center. Only. IMO.