4/1/24 7:10PM EDT Tigers @ Mets

Nice of the Tigers offense to pull A.J.’s ass out of the jackpot in the tenth. He’d emptied the bench and if someone like Javy goes down with an injury, like there was half a chance he would after the foul ball, A.J. would have had a hell of a time trying to figure out what to do. Pitcher in left?

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Nice of the Tigers offense to pull A.J.’s ass out of the jackpot in the tenth. He’d emptied the bench and if someone like Javy goes down with an injury, like there was half a chance he would after the foul ball, A.J. would have had a hell of a time trying to figure out what to do. Pitcher in left?

I think the last available option would be put the DH into the game - Keith to 2b, McK to SS. (if it were Javy going down.)

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, chasfh said:

Apropos of nothing, I finally found out why people here are calling him Harvey. Took me a while, but then, I don’t listen to Valenti much, either.

Why is that?  I never got it either.

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

Wentz or Lange?

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Hello DL? It’s not like any of these guys are Mickey Lolich anymore. 

105 doesn't sound like a lot in the middle of the summer but an early season start? Too many. But a manager replacing him after 80 pitches would get some heat. But still, gotta protect these arms...

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

For 2 or 3 innings.

Which means he is in the PERFECT spot on the pitching staff right now, right where he is...

I was worried he was going to give up a long ball because I thought his FB was down a little from a couple of his ST appearances, but the slider was exceptional.