4/1/24 7:10PM EDT Tigers @ Mets

3 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Cora taking the pressure of Baez by becoming the new whipping boy. Chess masters.

It's pretty much a 4 to one ratio of throwing speed to running speed. 90 feet 3rd to home, the OF was less than 180 feet away. Runner had no chance on any kind of decent throw.

• Like 1

You're going to have to play Carpenter against lefties in a full game. I don't quite get the two catchers in a game thing. I'd much rather have Carpy DH in this scenario.

The Mets have maneuvered the game well enough that a pinch hitting chance hasn't come up.

• Like 1

Really need Tork and Greene to not be black holes at the top of lineup...and I get AJ playing strategically with his lineup, but scratching both Carpenter and Meadows may not be the best decision going forward.

50 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yup. Terrible send. Fielder was shallow AND the fielder Β had the ball before the runner was at third.

AND he was running in to get the ball and had momentum on the throw.

OK, got a run here on a boot. It’s still the Mets were playing after all.

And now Tonkin just booted his ballβ€”TBF, not an easy oneβ€”and prospects are bright for more run. Just gotta keep getting the bats on the ball.

And now here comes Javy … πŸ˜…