4/1/24 7:10PM EDT Tigers @ Mets

Starting the season with a legitimate rotation is going to take some getting used to but it sure is a nice change from years past. Through four starts the Tigers will still have Casey Mize for game five. ย 
Of the 16 home games in April, 11 of them will start in the one oโ€™clock hour. ย 

2 hours ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Should be able to get today's game in, but tomorrow and Wed look dicey. Maybe they should just go ahead and play a DH today...

Or schedule only day games for early April? Common sense doesn't sell tickets, I guess. They have to try and soak fans while kids are still in school and it ends up losing them money.

2 hours ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Should be able to get today's game in, but tomorrow and Wed look dicey. Maybe they should just go ahead and play a DH today...

Could be a situation where they take the mutual off-day Thursday to play a DH, though that would suck for the Tigers right before the home-opener.

27 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Or schedule only day games for early April? Common sense doesn't sell tickets, I guess. They have to try and soak fans while kids are still in school and it ends up losing them money.

In some markets I suppose TV overrides the attending fans. NY and LA appears to be the only games starting after 7 today and tomorrow and Wednesday. ย 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Not sure how that would help this situation. Once it starts raining Tues morning, it's not supposed to stop through Wed night.

1 hour ago, oblong said:

In some markets I suppose TV overrides the attending fans. NY and LA appears to be the only games starting after 7 today and tomorrow and Wednesday. ย 

I would think the Mets would know the home market and how to make the most money

23 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Not sure how that would help this situation. Once it starts raining Tues morning, it's not supposed to stop through Wed night.

Just think of all the May flowers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oblong said:

LA...I can see. East coast teams? Not so much. It seems like this is a problem at the start of every season...money over-rides common sense.

1 hour ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

They could possibly wait out a delay for a day game. A few hours. But a night game? It's too late in the day to wait out a delay of over 2 hoursย 

3 hours ago, oblong said:

When it comes to Yankees and Dodgers, TV not just locally, but nationally. Same goes for the Cubs, who have basically more night games in April than just about anybody but the Yankees and Dodgers.