4/12/24 6:40PM Twins @ Tigers

25 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Maybe it can be Skubal Skuba Night, with a side of submarine delivery and sinkers

Weather forecast said 40 MPH gusts. I sure hope it blows out when the Tigers are up and in when the Twins bat. And pop ups should be interesting.

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Weather forecast said 40 MPH gusts. I sure hope it blows out when the Tigers are up and in when the Twins bat. And pop ups should be interesting.

I remember there was a rumor that the Twins would turn the AC on and off at the baggy dome depending on what team was at bat. The theory being the AC caused a strong wind gust to the outfield helping fly balls over the wall.

Just now, Tigeraholic1 said:

I remember there was a rumor that the Twins would turn the AC on and off at the baggy dome depending on what team was at bat. The theory being the AC caused a strong wind gust to the outfield helping fly balls over the wall.

I heard Kirk Gibson say he tested that out. I'm not sure how but Gibby likes answers to unfounded rumors.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I heard Kirk Gibson say he tested that out. I'm not sure how but Gibby likes answers to unfounded rumors.

I didn't hear all of it either but he said something about tying string/ribbons to the screens on the outlets. I didn't catch whether he actually succeeded and did it, or if he was just recounting that it was something he had wanted to try to do.

18 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I didn't hear all of it either but he said something about tying string/ribbons to the screens on the outlets. I didn't catch whether he actually succeeded and did it, or if he was just recounting that it was something he had wanted to try to do.

I heard him start talking about it but then they went to commercials. I never heard the rest of his story. His monotone or Monroe's blubbering? I would vote for Gibby.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I heard him start talking about it but then they went to commercials. I never heard the rest of his story. His monotone or Monroe's blubbering? I would vote for Gibby.

I feel like Gibby's voice has much more energy and strength so far this year. Maybe it was just because it wasn't Craig, but I like to think it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Today is alos the 24th birthday of Comerica park. Well the first official game anniversary.

Edit 4/11/2000 was first game..........

And we've come full circle...almost twice. From bottom feeders to division champs back to bottom feeders and now we're gonna be division champs again!! (If we ever play again)