4/12/24 6:40PM Twins @ Tigers

This is the first time I have ever heard Wenceel Perez’s name said out loud. I always wondered whether it pronounced “Wen-SEAL” or “Wen-SAIL”.  I never even consider how Benetti said it: “WEN-sell”.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

Just now, Edman85 said:

Might need Wentz's length tomorrow.

Yeah, that makes sense. Hopefully when we have a 10-0 lead in the fourth. And really, besides him, there are no super obvious weak links in this entire pen.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Hopefully when we have a 10-0 lead in the fourth. And really, besides him, there are no super obvious weak links in this entire pen.

I'm not convinced he's a weak link yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Meadows, yes, he’s definitely in an offensive funk.  It’s extremely noticeable in the numbers because it’s still early in the season.  Is it as damning if he’d have had a reasonable April and May with this slump occurring in June?

And the defense isn’t going to slump.  There may be some merit to the fact that Greene can “relax” in a corner OF spot and maybe not tax his body so much if he ere in CF.

6 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I'm not convinced he's a weak link yet.

Well, Joey has had a pretty good five innings and he’s added a tick or so to his pitches, so OK, I’ll wait and see. Young guy, he could still turn it around.

Vest, on the other hand, is this close to letting the Twins get within a slam.

Edited by chasfh

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

Regarding Meadows, yes, he’s definitely in an offensive funk.  It’s extremely noticeable in the numbers because it’s still early in the season.  Is it as damning if he’d have had a reasonable April and May with this slump occurring in June?

And the defense isn’t going to slump.  There may be some merit to the fact that Greene can “relax” in a corner OF spot and maybe not tax his body so much if he ere in CF.

Vierling can play a decent CF.

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is the first time I have ever heard Wenceel Perez’s name said out loud. I always wondered whether it pronounced “Wen-SEAL” or “Wen-SAIL”.  I never even consider how Benetti said it: “WHEN-sell”.

I had thought it was Wen-SEAL, but his BR page has it as:

\WIN-cehl PEH-rez\

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Vierling can play a decent CF.

Is the gain on offense sufficient bs the loss on defense?

I suppose they could recall Baddoo.  I don’t know, I think it’s still kind of early in the season to make that call.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

Is the gain on offense sufficient bs the loss on defense?

I suppose they could recall Baddoo.  I don’t know, I think it’s still kind of early in the season to make that call.

I don't know, Meadows looks totally overmatched. Maybe if he could put the ball in play?