5/13/24 6:40PM Marlins @ Tigers

Do you guys think this diarrhea offense gives Scott Harris diarrhea while he's on the toilet with diarrhea?  Because it does me...and I dont even get paid millions to make sure this offense isnt diarrhea...

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I like Benetti OK, I guess. But they have to team him with professional announcers and get these ex-jock bozos outta the booth.

Yeah, C-Mo (for example) is knocking Benetti down a notch when paired with him. C-Mo’s excited, cheese grater growl voice strikes C-Mo (and in turn, us) too early and far too often in broadcasts. It’s all I can do to hang in there with it some games (especially if we’re down several runs late in a game — I’ll frequently throw Dan Dickerson on then). Anymore, I occasionally will find myself growling at the tv set every few minutes — it’s my way of coping, I suppose. 

The endless mispronunciations, the heavy inhalations directly into the mic, the annoying “Bye-eee”s, “Mile Powers”, “You hang it, we bang it”s — these all just add to the chaos.

On a positive (?) note, at least C-Mo isn’t growling Shep’s, “Wears a crown” line this season — that appears to have died with Shep. 

5 minutes ago, TheWordIsBird said:

Yeah, C-Mo (for example) is knocking Benetti down a notch when paired with him. C-Mo’s excited, cheese grater growl voice strikes C-Mo (and in turn, us) too early and far too often in broadcasts. It’s all I can do to hang in there with it some games (especially if we’re down several runs late in a game — I’ll frequently throw Dan Dickerson on then). Anymore, I occasionally will find myself growling at the tv set every few minutes — it’s my way of coping, I suppose. 

The endless mispronunciations, the heavy inhalations directly into the mic, the annoying “Bye-eee”s, “Mile Powers”, “You hang it, we bang it”s — these all just add to the chaos.

On a positive (?) note, at least C-Mo isn’t growling Shep’s, “Wears a crown” line this season — that appears to have died with Shep. 

I hate the You hang it we bang it  line ... isnt that what all good baseball teams do? 

8 minutes ago, TheWordIsBird said:

What bothers me the most is the giggling while talking about something stupid while the game is going on. Totally ignoring the action. Sometimes the camera goes to the booth and Jason has his back to the action, not even paying attention to the game. That may have been OK in Chicago but in Detroit, we pay attention the the game. It's why we watch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

I hate the You hang it we bang it  line ... isnt that what all good baseball teams do? 

I do, too — and you just know that it’ll never go away (much like C-Mo being a fixture in the Tigers TV booth). Every time we hit a hanging breaking ball over the wall the rest of this season (and in the next few decades with C-Mo in the booth), there’s a strong likelihood that we’ll hear it most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

This season is the four corners offense...waiting out young players, waiting out bad contracts...just waiting for something to happen.

I've been hearing that for 7 years ... wait til Miggy's contract is gone blah blah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kdog said:

This season is the four corners offense...waiting out young players, waiting out bad contracts...just waiting for something to happen.

Bad contracts don't mean much if the money won't be spent when they come off the books. For several years people were speculating who the Tigers would sign when Miggys contract came off the books. They must have lowered ticket prices, right?

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Bad contracts don't mean much if the money won't be spent when they come off the books. For several years people were speculating who the Tigers would sign when Miggys contract came off the books. They must have lowered ticket prices, right?

This past offseason was a bad free agent class. Guessing the Baez deal made them de-risk everything. Sign guys on the fringes and wait out/develop the hitting over the long term.

Pitching and 'defense' to prevent runs..hope and a prayer for offense until things are settled with various young players.

Matt Manning should be a closer. His pitches are good enough to get just about any MLB lineup out for two or three innings.

The Tigers need to just DFA Baez and eat the remainder of his contract. When is enough going to be enough? Baez has been nothing but lazy in his stint with the Tigers and Hinch doesn't even have the common sense to bench him. AJ Hinch(Stanford) believes he's the smartest guy in the room. Brad Ausmus was the same damn way. Yes, I just said the quiet part out loud.