Voter Fraud is not the problem, ELECTION fraud is

RatkoVarda

16 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

The "sane" Republicans want this guy for President. His entire administration the past couple of years has been a gigantic cluster. 

So they have identified 2 people....2.   And for each of those, they were felons, reinstated, but had additional violations which appeared to incorrectly strip them. 

A man in Detroit was able to vote for Biden using his dad's mail in ballot (true, but not complete story), obviously you wouldn't support Whitmer now, correct?

I don't really know enough about this guy.  A never-Trumper friend of mine lives in Virginia and has been pleased with him.

22 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So they have identified 2 people....2.   And for each of those, they were felons, reinstated, but had additional violations which appeared to incorrectly strip them. 

A man in Detroit was able to vote for Biden using his dad's mail in ballot (true, but not complete story), obviously you wouldn't support Whitmer now, correct?

I don't really know enough about this guy.  A never-Trumper friend of mine lives in Virginia and has been pleased with him.

Note my comment about never-Trumpers, aka "'sane' Republicans", above.

21 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Tell me again what exactly Whitmer is running for. And whether I, no longer a Michigan voter, should care.

Meanwhile Governor Fleece Vest is gallivanting across the country pretending not to run for anything (governors can't be re-elected here, unless they sit a term out). The election board thing is one of several missteps in appointments since he took over in 2022. This from a touted CEO who was being pushed out of his company. 

Just another reason, in my opinion, that business executives make lousy chief executives of governments be it state or national. By the way one can be a Never Trumper and still get fleeced by so called Republican businessmen. 

You guys might be right about Youngkin, i'm just saying pointing out what appears to be more of an anecdotal issue affecting a very small group of people, which the state appears to be taking steps to correct and ensure no one else is affected seems like a cheap shot.  I can give you plenty of anecdotal, but true stories of people having trouble with their democratically controlled states or with the democratically run federal government that shouldn't be used as evidence of incompetence against the democrat executive.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Just another reason, in my opinion, that business executives make lousy chief executives of governments be it state or national. By the way one can be a Never Trumper and still get fleeced by so called Republican businessmen. 

That’s because government should not be seen as a business on which a profit should be turned. It is supposed to be of service to the people, that is, to promote the general welfare of the people. Republicans have no interest in that idea. They want to destroy public governance and replace it with private governance—still funded mandatorily by our public dollars, of course—and if the electorate keeps putting these people in office, that’s what we’re gonna get. 

Edited by chasfh

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

For the umpteenth time, how do you know what the Trump Party is doing or planning to do? They tell you by accusing their enemies of doing the same thing.

What's striking is how this kind of projection derives so directly from Russian paradigms. It may not prove direct Russian penetration of the GOP, but it does at minimum show how aspirational a Russian system of politics is for them.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

What's striking is how this kind of projection derives so directly from Russian paradigms. It may not prove direct Russian penetration of the GOP, but it does at minimum show how aspirational a Russian system of politics is for them.

We do attribute the projection phenomenon to Russia as though they architected it in the first place, and they are one of the all-time champs at it, to be sure. But reading a book on how Germany evolved from WWII to today, it appears to me that the Nazi government also engaged in this kind of projection. So maybe mass projection is a feature of authoritarian power structures in general, and perhaps it is as much natural consequence as it is planned strategy.