Voter Fraud is not the problem, ELECTION fraud is

RatkoVarda

56 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I believe it was the Michigan Democratic party that challenged Craig and that 'quality guru' guy, whatever his name was.   I think Dixon even jumped on the bandwagon to help them out.

Whitmer was smart enough to provide the max amount of signatures.  Again, they use the same third party companies that organize these signature drives.  There absolutely was some of the same issues for Whitmer's signatures as Craig's.  Sounds like this was well known in political circles that a good amount of these signatures were either not properly documented or outright fraudulent, but they were never challenged.   The Dem party chose to strategically point it out against specific people at a specific time.  Smart political move, but it's also going to force them to use more campaign funds in the future to vet signatures they get before submitting them to the state.  As I stated earlier, it's a good thing.

it sounds more like you're saying the Dems will need to continue doing what they did.

10 minutes ago, oblong said:

It wasn't the democratic party.  It was the state elections canvassing board. They certify ballot signatures.  Craig and the others submitted fraudulent signatures and didn't have enough valid signatures.  Therefore their nominations weren't valid.   This is another attempt to "both sides" something with zero evidence.  Nobody "went after" Craig. 

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/james-craig-accused-gathering-fake-signatures-bid-make-michigan-ballot

Michigan Republican gubernatorial hopeful James Craig may not have collected enough valid signatures to qualify for the August primary ballot, according to Democrats and a group supporting one of his GOP rivals.

In a series of signature complaints filed late Tuesday, the Michigan Democratic Party also asked the Bureau of Elections and Board of State Canvassers to give additional scrutiny to nominating petitions filed by GOP gubernatorial hopefuls Perry Johnson and Tudor Dixon. 

Leduff was hard on Craig and Johnson, blaming their campaigns for not properly vetting and getting enough valid signatures.  In each of their cases they were well short of the maximum you're allowed to turn in.  Dixon and Whitmer both submitted the max amount allowed.  In following up, Leduff stated he asked around and both Dem and GOP contacts said it's always been known the government entity that certifies the signatures basically rubber stamps them.  Still, ultimately the fault was Craig and Johnson not working to ensure whatever third party they had working for them was getting them the results they paid for.  I'm not trying to both sides it.

But again, if they all use the same third parties to get signatures, it makes sense they all have the same issues.  Leduff asked the Whitmer admin if they scrubbed signatures and only submitted those they didn't have an issue with and never received an answer.  

I was listening to Pod Save America yesterday and they talked about how the polls show favorability to Democrats, but how can we trust any polls because of the polling error in 2016 and 2020?

There are a few logical reasons why the polling might have been off, including that Trump voters may not respond when pollsters call, or there was a mixing of polling methodologies resulting in skewed projections. But the more I hear and think about it, the more I wonder whether the Party of Projection, who have spent much of the last six years accusing Democrats of rampant vote fraud, has been engaging in misdirection, as projectors do, to distract us from examining closely whether they themselves have been cooking the voting machines, switching votes, tossing votes outs, taking massive dumps (of votes, of course), etc.

I have nothing to prove it, and I’m not even leveling an accusation against them. All I know is it would be totally on brand for them to do it, and I sure can’t dismiss it.

this is going to split one of two ways and I don't think we have any way to know until the votes get counted - either the dem over estimates in 2016 and 2020 were purely the result of GOP turnout energy from Trump himself being on the ballot, in which case the Dems are golden, or the dem overestimate repeats and it's going to be a dark two years.

• 3 weeks later...

According to reports it's things like change of address that's triggering voters to be completely removed. Youngkin and his MEGA AG have also been slow in staffing key areas of the Department of Elections. 

Good news is Va has same day registration.

I mailed my ballot back early this week. There was only one race on the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...