2021 NFL Playoff Predictions..........

Motor City Sonics

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't like this new playoff format. I don't think we needed a 7th team. 

I'm not a fan of giving four teams bye weeks, but the 2/7 games need to be more competitive for me to 'like' having seven teams per conference. #2 seeds are 3-0 through three games, outscoring #7 seeds 79-48. Only one of the three was even competitive, last year's Bills/Colts game (which took a late comeback IIRC). The KC/Pittsburgh game tonight doesn't seem primed to change that trend.

The talent difference between the 2nd-5th best teams in the NFL and the 13th-16th is just too large to make those games consistently worth playing as a playoff game.

7 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm not a fan of giving four teams bye weeks, but the 2/7 games need to be more competitive for me to 'like' having seven teams per conference. #2 seeds are 3-0 through three games, outscoring #7 seeds 79-48. Only one of the three was even competitive, last year's Bills/Colts game (which took a late comeback IIRC). The KC/Pittsburgh game tonight doesn't seem primed to change that trend.

The talent difference between the 2nd-5th best teams in the NFL and the 13th-16th is just too large to make those games consistently worth playing as a playoff game.

I'm fine with 6 teams and no bye. The matchups in the NFC would be good. Green Bay vs San Francisco. San Francisco has a good chance of winning that game. You would have Tampa vs Arizona. Bruce Arians vs his former team. Young vs old in the QB matchup. Then you would have Dallas and Los Angeles. Can Stafford avenge his playoff loss at Dallas? Those games would be better than what we have seen. 

36 minutes ago, sagnam said:

That was 100% on Dak and his ignorance of the rules.

I don't think  ̶M̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶M̶c̶C̶a̶r̶t̶h̶y̶ Kellen Mond should get off that easy. After just skipping down the field to that point, the play call didn't make a lot of sense.

As much as I think McCarthy is a terrible coach, I suppose I should blame the play caller.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm fine with 6 teams and no bye. The matchups in the NFC would be good. Green Bay vs San Francisco. San Francisco has a good chance of winning that game. You would have Tampa vs Arizona. Bruce Arians vs his former team. Young vs old in the QB matchup. Then you would have Dallas and Los Angeles. Can Stafford avenge his playoff loss at Dallas? Those games would be better than what we have seen. 

I like the matchups, but you'd have three teams left in that format. How do you choose which two go on to the conference championship?

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

All I need is s Chiefs victory for a nice little payday 

(I should probably throw a little something on the Steelers to hedge). 

I did put a small wager on the Steelers - just in case, but the parlay pays quite a bit more and I think at 35-7 with Old Dirty Bastard at QB for Pittsburgh, I think we get the win.      Not a big bet, but I keep betting 10 here or 20 there and I'm now betting with their money.       

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I did put a small wager on the Steelers - just in case, but the parlay pays quite a bit more and I think at 35-7 with Old Dirty Bastard at QB for Pittsburgh, I think we get the win.      Not a big bet, but I keep betting 10 here or 20 there and I'm now betting with their money.       

By the way, if you listen to 97.1,  the afternoon phone guy, Kenny Kot - He is pretty reliable on hockey over/unders..........I'm basically to just following his lead and doing really well with that.  

Basking in the afterglow of Cowboy's fans delicious tears.   I love the fact that they are losing their minds over getting screwed by the refs.   Yes, it was on Dak because he should know the official has to place the ball, but the official did move it back and forth for an extra second, the extra second that cost them.   I love it.   I love it so much.   I DRINK YOUR TEARS,  I DRINK YOUR TEARS LIKE WINE !

My immediate reaction is that while McCarthy is taking the bulk of the heat for that fiasco at the end, it's yet another example of how the love for Kellen Moore (and the fact that he keeps getting interviews) is just inexplicable to me.

I don't get it. He's not that good, and the Cowboy offense has been a hot mess all season. That can't all be Dak and McCarthy's fault and not at all on the guy actually calling the plays.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

My immediate reaction is that while McCarthy is taking the bulk of the heat for that fiasco at the end, it's yet another example of how the love for Kellen Moore (and the fact that he keeps getting interviews) is just inexplicable to me.

I don't get it. He's not that good, and the Cowboy offense has been a hot mess all season. That can't all be Dak and McCarthy's fault and not at all on the guy actually calling the plays.

Great white hope?      Down to one black head coach in the league and all these black coordinators getting Rooney Rule interviews and Kellen Moore is still getting hype.     I don't think any coaches should be interviewed until after the Super Bowl is over.  It should be a rule.  I think it has prevented some really good coordinators from getting a shot - because they are too busy with their own teams in the playoffs.............they shouldn't be penalized for that.     There is no recruitment or national signing day early Feb.  Let it all play out.     You could make the argument that the one successful Belichick tree guy was Brian Flores  (Bill O'Brien was alright until he became a GM).   Flores was abrasive.  So what, he did make Miami better - and fairly quickly.   I hope he gets another shot somewhere like Minnesota, Chicago or Denver or another team that isn't at rock bottom.    

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Basking in the afterglow of Cowboy's fans delicious tears.   I love the fact that they are losing their minds over getting screwed by the refs.   Yes, it was on Dak because he should know the official has to place the ball, but the official did move it back and forth for an extra second, the extra second that cost them.   I love it.   I love it so much.   I DRINK YOUR TEARS,  I DRINK YOUR TEARS LIKE WINE !

They didn’t even give him a chance to properly spot the ball.  It should have gone back to where Dak started his slide.  Instead he was blocked from spotting it properly and moved it as far back as he could with everyone in his way.