2021 NFL Playoff Predictions..........

Motor City Sonics

Just for fun.........Make your picks.   Every right guess gets 1 point.   Predicting the Conference Champions 5 points,  Predicting the Super Bowl winner 10 points................. Tie Breaker would be the point total from the Super Bowl.

The winner gets something similar to respect, but not genuine.  

I'll start !

AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

(2) Kansas City over (7) Pittsburgh   Big Ben is a creep.  Goodbye
(3) Buffalo over (6) New England    Buffalo got hot at the right time
(4) Cincinnati over (5) Las Vegas    West coast team travelling to cold Cincinnati

(1) Tennessee over (4) Cincinnati   Tennessee will grind it out
(3) Buffalo over (2) Kansas City   KC runs out of gas

(1) Tennessee over (3) Buffalo    Tennessee is a complete team with a great coach

NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

(2) Tampa Bay over (7) Philadelphia   Philly showed who they are vs. Dallas
(6) San Francisco over (3) Dallas    Another Dallas playoff choke
(4) LA rams over (5) Arizona    Stafford gets the playoff win

(6) San Francisco over (1) Green Bay      Only because I hate Aaron 'The Martyr' Rodgers
(4) LA Rams over (2) Tampa Bay    Does Tampa Bay has any receivers?  

(6) San Francisco over (4) LA Rams     I just can't pick Stafford to go to the Super Bowl and the 49ers were in the Super Bowl just 2 years ago, injuries derailed them a bit.  

SUPER BOWL 

Tennessee 31,  San Francisco 19 

Nothing more than a gut feeling but I think it's going to be GB over Buffalo. As far as upsets again gut feeling says SF will upset the Cowboys but lose to the Packers and Cincy makes it to the championship but loses to Buffalo(if that is possible).

Unfortunately with the hypothetical Cincy win that would make the Lions fall way behind the league for last postseason win. 

Wildcard Round

AFC

• KC over Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo over New England
  • Cincinnati over Las Vegas

NFC

• Tampa over Philly
  • San Francisco over Dallas
  • Arizona over LA

Divisional Round

AFC

• Cincinnati over Tennessee
  • KC over Buffalo

NFC

• Green Bay over San Francisco
  • Tampa over Arizona

Conference Championship

AFC

• KC over Cincinnati

NFC

• Tampa over Green Bay

Super Bowl

• Tampa (34) over KC (26)

Bleh. I'd love to see Tennessee, Buffalo, or Cincy make it so I don't have to root for the giant meteor to take out the Earth before KC and TB play again.

Edited by MichiganCardinal
add point totals

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Nothing more than a gut feeling but I think it's going to be GB over Buffalo. As far as upsets again gut feeling says SF will upset the Cowboys but lose to the Packers and Cincy makes it to the championship but loses to Buffalo(if that is possible).

Unfortunately with the hypothetical Cincy win that would make the Lions fall way behind the league for last postseason win. 

They already are 

Wildcard Round

AFC

• KC over Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo over New England
  • Cincinnati over Las Vegas

NFC

• Tampa over Philly
  • Dallas over SF
  • LA over Arizona

Divisional Round

AFC

• Cincinnati over Tennessee
  • Buffalo over KC

NFC

• Green Bay over LA
  • Dallas over Tampa

Conference Championship

AFC

• Buffalo over Cincinnati

NFC

• Green Bay over Dallas

Super Bowl

• Green Bay (38) over Buffalo (31)

AFC

KC over Pittsburgh

Buffalo over New England

vegas over cincy

NFC

Tampa over Philly

Dallas over SF

LA over Arizona

Divisional Round

AFC

tennessee over vegas

kc over buffalo

NFC

Green Bay over LA

Dallas over Tampa

Conference Championship

AFC

kc over tennessee

NFC

dallas over green bay

Super Bowl

kc over dallas

I don't like the Bengals per se but I'm rooting for them cause 1 I hate the Raiders, 2 I like Joe Burrow and 3 I like their fans. I went to see the Lions play the Bengals in 2009 and the Bengals fans were really cool with me and brother.  I remember them trying to make us feel better about our future saying that Stafford and Calvin will turn us around and how both of our franchises times were going to come. Of course 13 years later and neither of us have won a playoff game still but I could just sense how much they cared about their teams and appreciated how respectful they were. Same with Reds fans when I went to see the Tigers play there in 2012.  So much different than the Ohioans in Cleveland or Columbus. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't like the Bengals per se but I'm rooting for them cause 1 I hate the Raiders, 2 I like Joe Burrow and 3 I like their fans. I went to see the Lions play the Bengals in 2009 and the Bengals fans were really cool with me and brother.  I remember them trying to make us feel better about our future saying that Stafford and Calvin will turn us around and how both of our franchises times were going to come. Of course 13 years later and neither of us have won a playoff game still but I could just sense how much they cared about their teams and appreciated how respectful they were. Same with Reds fans when I went to see the Tigers play there in 2012.  So much different than the Ohioans in Cleveland or Columbus. 

I appreciated the Kansas City baseball fans giving Miggy a Standing O when he came off the field, having clinched his Triple Crown. And their park looks really nice and people I respect say how nice it really is. But their football teams fans have that questionable racist Indian war chant that really gets on my nerves. I only want Cincy to win to stick it to the Lions. 😄😄

49 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think of Cincinnati more as a part of Kentucky than Ohio (the Cincy airport is already in Kentucky). Just like Toledo is more a part of Michigan than Ohio. It's the parts in between that could just be swallowed by a sinkhole without lost sleep.

I want the Bengals or Cardinals to win a Super Bowl so that I can continue laughing at the Ford's and their ineptitude. The more teams that finally get to or win a Super Bowl, the more we as a fanbase can shame the Ford's and criticize their terrible management. Don't get me wrong, I want this franchise to be one of those Super Bowl teams one day and win one in the worst way. The Ford's are the worst ownership group in sports and deserve all the criticism they earn.

Glad to see Cincinnati win a playoff game with Zac Taylor. I know comparing regimes can be apples and oranges, but I can’t help but compare Marvin Lewis with the Bengals to Jim Caldwell with the Lions. Good, but never great.

Moving on from Lewis was good for the Bengals in the same way I still think moving on from Caldwell was good for the Lions (even as asinine as replacing him with Patricia was).