2021 NFL Playoff Predictions..........

Motor City Sonics

14 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Not to rain on anyone’s humility, but Stafford hasn’t (yet) done what he was brought to LA to do. The Rams went 10-6 last year and won a wildcard game. They said “not good enough” and shipped their QB and future across the country to pickup Stafford, because they thought that he could lead them to more than going 10-6 and winning a playoff game.

He has gone 12-5 and won a playoff game. But I don’t think the Rams faithful (all 14 of them) will be satisfied with another divisional round exit. Whether that meets the expectations of Stafford as a QB is to the eyes of the beholder though.

I believe it's Super Bowl or bust for the Rams. You don't trade a QB who you committed multiple draft picks to, signed to a league record contract at the time, got you to a Super Bowl, and then turn around and not only trade that QB but two more 1st round picks. They have four 1st round picks wrapped up in Stafford. They better get more than one playoff win which Goff delivered them last year. 

51 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I believe it's Super Bowl or bust for the Rams. You don't trade a QB who you committed multiple draft picks to, signed to a league record contract at the time, got you to a Super Bowl, and then turn around and not only trade that QB but two more 1st round picks. They have four 1st round picks wrapped up in Stafford. They better get more than one playoff win which Goff delivered them last year. 

goff delivered?  lol.  he was benched for that game and only came on after john "udfa" wolford got hurt in the first quarter.  after goff had been benched late in the season because he was so bad at going downfield.  goff was 9-19 for 150 yards in that game and didnt do much of anything.  the rams defense won that game.

i know you like to be a contrarian, but do you really think goff is as good as stafford?

37 minutes ago, buddha said:

goff delivered?  lol.  he was benched for that game and only came on after john "udfa" wolford got hurt in the first quarter.  after goff had been benched late in the season because he was so bad at going downfield.  goff was 9-19 for 150 yards in that game and didnt do much of anything.  the rams defense won that game.

i know you like to be a contrarian, but do you really think goff is as good as stafford?

You're accusing me of being contrarian when I'm in complete agreement with another poster and reinforcing that poster's position. You come along with a strawman, disagree with me apparently, and still have the nerve to call me contrarian? The fact is, they won a playoff game with Goff and better win more than one playoff game with Stafford after making that kind of commitment. Stafford is better than Goff. I never said at any point in time on either forum that Goff was a better QB. I'm unequivocally stating Stafford is a better NFL QB than Goff. In in no way, shape or form claimed, inferred or insinuated in the post that Goff was a better QB. I did state, and have stated, the Rams had a level of success with Goff and the Rams commitment to Stafford over Goff means the expectation should be an even higher with Stafford. That is in no way an endorsement that Goff is better than Stafford. I hope this makes it 100% crystal clear to you. 

36 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Anyone else think Tennessee is going to want QB help next season? How do you lose a game where your defense has nine sacks? Your QB throws three picks. Hard to watch. 

In fairness two of those picks were tipped. Only the first one was really dreadfully bad where he just stared down a receiver. The second one took a really phenomenal play, but it was still a killer given where they were.

They're also tied to Tannehill at the hip. He has a dead cap hit of over $38MM next year. Ain't nobody picking that up. I will say I think the team will remember this game if they have a similar finish to next season.

42 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

In fairness two of those picks were tipped. Only the first one was really dreadfully bad where he just stared down a receiver. The second one took a really phenomenal play, but it was still a killer given where they were.

They're also tied to Tannehill at the hip. He has a dead cap hit of over $38MM next year. Ain't nobody picking that up. I will say I think the team will remember this game if they have a similar finish to next season.

He had one year left on his contract. He will be on the club next season, but will he be starting late in the season? Not guaranteed.

He threw those other balls into traffic. The last pick was in the midst of three defenders. Maybe all three weren’t completely his fault but I don’t think you can keep the confidence of a defense (and defensive coach) when they spot you nine sacks and you still can’t seal the deal. 

I remember saying earlier in the year that the Bengals were a better team than everyone thinks, but I never imagined this would happen. 

Gives you hope. 

Of course we suck in a year where the No. 1 team already has Trevor Lawrence and there seems to be no Joe Burrows.   But who knows, QB stocks ALWAYS rise before the draft.  Maybe Kenny Pickett or Matt Coral show something spectacular.   The Bengals were two years further into their rebuild when they got Burrow.  They had some decent players around him and the Lions really don't.  

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BUH-BYE JESUS OF THE  UNVAXXED