Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

I wonder if Mike McDaniel is safe or not?  

I think he’s great and a breath of fresh air but he’s super quirky and often times just plain awkward.   That’s fine when you win but not so much when you have back to back 2nd half collapses.    If it becomes apparent that Harbaugh is finally leaving Michigan, will Stephen Ross really let him get away and potentially to an AFC competitor like LAC or LVR?  

45 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I wonder if Mike McDaniel is safe or not?  

I think he’s great and a breath of fresh air but he’s super quirky and often times just plain awkward.   That’s fine when you win but not so much when you have back to back 2nd half collapses.    If it becomes apparent that Harbaugh is finally leaving Michigan, will Stephen Ross really let him get away and potentially to an AFC competitor like LAC or LVR?  

While I appreciate his contributions to Michigan, Ross isn't a very good owner. He had Dan Campbell there for the hiring and went off and hired Adam Gase.

It would be stupid to fire Mike McDaniel, so maybe he will.

The supposed strength of McDaniel is his offensive mind but it appears that teams adapted to that fairly quickly as the Dolphins offense was shut down for the most part in the 2nd half of the season. Only once did they score over 20 points in the last 7 weeks. 

Yeah Buggs is on my **** list now. I get being excited and happy for your first playoff win but you don't need to throw shade at former teammates, especially since he wasn't exactly playing "like a dawg" himself. Not that I would ever agree with players making comments like that but I can atleast understand if you are like some stud who dominates but the rest of the teams sucks so it doesn't matter but that obviously wasn't the case with Buggs. 

23 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Who wants to tell him that the Chiefs play in Missouri?

Reminds me of a time years ago I was at a Tigers game and we had these obnoxious Royals fans sitting next to us, I jokingly asked them "how does one become a Royals fan anyway?" and they said something like "We have family in Kansas", since I was being snarky that night I responded with telling them that they play in Missouri and they were genuinely surprised. Of course I'm sure people in Kansas still root for KC teams but I just found it funny that these guys legit didn't know that the Kansas City that the sports team play at was in Missouri.

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah Buggs is on my **** list now. I get being excited and happy for your first playoff win but you don't need to throw shade at former teammates, especially since he wasn't exactly playing "like a dawg" himself. Not that I would ever agree with players making comments like that but I can atleast understand if you are like some stud who dominates but the rest of the teams sucks so it doesn't matter but that obviously wasn't the case with Buggs. 

I’m old enough to remember when he wasn’t good enough to play and beat those “dawgs” in week one.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Can Harbaugh and Jerry Jones coexist with each other?

I think a bigger clash would be Jones and Belichick. I'm not sure who has the bigger ego, and Belichick would never put up with Jones' sh**

I biggest fear with the Packers is coming to fruition and that is that Love looks the part of a Pro Bowl QB. If this isn't a half year wonder and he is indeed legit than the Packers are going to be a problem not just in these playoffs but going forward.