Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

4 hours ago, djhutch said:

From what I have seen, the Manning Brothers is the best thing to happen to NFL telecasts since the "FoxBox"

I dunno... My DVR choose to record ESPN2 last night instead of ESPN, so I was stuck with the Mannings.  It was interesting, and I think I'd have really enjoyed it if it wasn't a game was particular interested in.  But I felt like I missed some of the game while they were busy talking about other stuff.

I, like most people, hate Aaron Rodgers.   He's doing the media tour this week like he's reclaimed the throne.    He beat up on the worst defense in the league and one that may be in the conversation for the worst defense historically in the league.   He did what guys like P.J. Walker and Mitch Trubisky have been able to do recently.  Big Whoop.   People are acting like HE'S BACK!   Prove it against a real team.  The Packers are the most overrated team in the NFL.   I'm going to be a big 49ers fan this week.   

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I, like most people, hate Aaron Rodgers.   He's doing the media tour this week like he's reclaimed the throne.    He beat up on the worst defense in the league and one that may be in the conversation for the worst defense historically in the league.   He did what guys like P.J. Walker and Mitch Trubisky have been able to do recently.  Big Whoop.   People are acting like HE'S BACK!   Prove it against a real team.  The Packers are the most overrated team in the NFL.   I'm going to be a big 49ers fan this week.   

Not to mention that he was held in check fairly well until our rookie corner who was forced into starting by injury was forced out with injury. So yes, well done Aaron on picking apart the 3rd string and beyond of possibly the worst secondary in the league.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Not to mention that he was held in check fairly well until our rookie corner who was forced into starting by injury was forced out with injury. So yes, well done Aaron on picking apart the 3rd string and beyond of possibly the worst secondary in the league.

It was really our linebackers that he destroyed.    I can only imagine what Lamar is going to do to them.    

18 hours ago, RedRamage said:

I dunno... My DVR choose to record ESPN2 last night instead of ESPN, so I was stuck with the Mannings.  It was interesting, and I think I'd have really enjoyed it if it wasn't a game was particular interested in.  But I felt like I missed some of the game while they were busy talking about other stuff.

I can see that. I just grow tired of people heaping praise on people like Tony Romo, who is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Yeah I dont get all the Romo love,I mean he isn't terrible but I don't think he is some game changing analyst like people treat him as and what he is being paid. 

Also I find it annoying how often now he tries to tell you exactly what the team is going to do when they are lined up just cause people on social media thought he was the smartest guy in the world the first game he did it. Now it's like he goes out of his way to do it and I find it annoying. 

If you want to break a play down post play that's great but I don't need you to tell me where each receiver is going and where the QB intends to throw presnap just to prove to people that you can read playbooks.

12 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I can't imagine we could get anything more than a 6th round pick, but the way this team is just so devoid of talent, I get it. Anything worth value now that is not going to be worth as much value 2-3 years down the road should be for sale.

the most valuable trade piece the lions have right now is decker.  not sure if they can trade all these guys and absorb their cap hits, but i dont really know how that works.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I can't imagine we could get anything more than a 6th round pick, but the way this team is just so devoid of talent, I get it. Anything worth value now that is not going to be worth as much value 2-3 years down the road should be for sale.

But when you get those extra 5th and 6th rounders you can move up a little bit if you spot a guy in the 4th that you just have to have.     

Collins just looked so slow Monday and he took a lot of bad angles too............

3 years 30 million.   Oh I hate Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia so much.   Their damage will last a long time. 

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But when you get those extra 5th and 6th rounders you can move up a little bit if you spot a guy in the 4th that you just have to have.     

Collins just looked so slow Monday and he took a lot of bad angles too............

3 years 30 million.   Oh I hate Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia so much.   Their damage will last a long time. 

Collins has been known in the past for lack of effort, and looking at some of those plays, it did look like a lack of effort. Campbell even said as much. 

5th and 6th rounders can help build depth and this team needs depth. Tyler Crosby is a good example of a solid 5th round pick. The Lions can use more of those players along with getting some starters at the top of the draft. It seems like the Lions are always using free agency to add depth when they could be getting it through late round picks. 

Lamar Jackson missed todays practice after complaining yesterday his hip was bothering him from flipping in the end zone Sunday.

The team said he was sick and that's why he missed but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed his hip and they are just covering it so Lamar doesn't get heat. 

Anyway just figured I post that since we play the Ravens on Sunday and it looks like there is atleast a chance Lamar won't be 100%. Of course with that said him at 75% could probably still carve up this defense.

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lamar Jackson missed todays practice after complaining yesterday his hip was bothering him from flipping in the end zone Sunday.

The team said he was sick and that's why he missed but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed his hip and they are just covering it so Lamar doesn't get heat. 

Anyway just figured I post that since we play the Ravens on Sunday and it looks like there is atleast a chance Lamar won't be 100%. Of course with that said him at 75% could probably still carve up this defense.

It is good to know he won’t flip into the end zone against the Lions, but will simply walk in just like everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Ragnow and Hock were 30 then sure deal them but that's not the case, even if it takes us 4 years to be competitive they would still be young enough to potentially still be among the best at their positions. 

Now the one guy I would explore trading is Decker just cause teams pay a premium for top LTs and we don't know how he will respond when moved to presumably RT. I wouldnt just give him away though but if a team offers me a 1st and a couple mid round picks Id be hard pressed to say no.

Edited by RandyMarsh