Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Looking at Kipers big board(just using that Cause Im a subscriber and have access to it) he now doesnt have any qbs in his top 10 but several defensive players,  all of whom would look good for the Lions.

Of course though with the Lions luck they will end up 3rd or 4th and the teams picking ahead of them will be set at QB so they'll take the top defensive guys and the Lions will be left picking between a bunch of similarly graded players to which they will inevitably pick the wrong one cause they are the Lions.

Some good news though is that he also has a bunch if WRs ranked from 10-30 so a good one should be able to be had with the Rams pick. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

10 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Andrew Berry might be the smartest GM in the league, and the previously meddlesome owners have backed off.  They will have double digit wins for the next 6 years.

the LIONS are the worst franchise in modern american sports, not the browns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could never be completely Lions free like some people claim to be, I will always root and pull for them but I can atleast say ever since the Dallas playoff game in 2014 I have given up completely investing in them. The loss to GB to lose the division followed by that loss was like my come to Jesus moment with them where I just accepted that they aren't worth getting worked up over. 

Before I would plan my Sunday around watching the Lions and would be in a pissed off mood the rest of the day when they inevitability lost in heartbreaking fashion. Now I don't do any of that. 

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

Andrew Berry might be the smartest GM in the league, and the previously meddlesome owners have backed off.  They will have double digit wins for the next 6 years.

Baker Mayfield has been bad this season.   He could easily be the new Carson Wentz.  

40 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Baker Mayfield has been bad this season.   He could easily be the new Carson Wentz.  

Where the hell have you been for the past 12 years?  Good to see you.

Yes Mayfield sucked on Sunday but for the previous 3 games he was top 10.  Yes he could be Wentz, and that's another manifestation of how smart Berry is...he has't offered the extension yet, like the Bills did for Josh Allen.  He's waiting to see more.

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Where the hell have you been for the past 12 years?  Good to see you.

Yes Mayfield sucked on Sunday but for the previous 3 games he was top 10.  Yes he could be Wentz, and that's another manifestation of how smart Berry is...he has't offered the extension yet, like the Bills did for Josh Allen.  He's waiting to see more.

i thought he was bad against the bears too.  missed a lot of open throws.

browns will have a decision to make in the offseason.  i imagine they will pay him.

Ive seen some speculation on Twitter that the Pats took less just to be spiteful and send Gilmore to a less desirable location and to hurt his ego by seeing how little he brought back. 

Normally I would put no stock in that but knowing Belicheck's ego and how spiteful he can be I wouldn't completely rule that out.

There's a story that when ownership forced him to trade Jimmy G he took less from the 49ers than other teams were offering cause he believed in Shanahan and the 49ers management could get the most out of Jimmy G and build a good team around him. He sacrifced the Pats return just so Jimmy G could look his best and he could look like the smartest guy in the room for wanting to keep him.