Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Where does Levi Onwuzurike rank among DTs, stopping the run or getting after the passer? With 12 tackles and no sacks and no QB hurries I can't imagine he ranks very high. I think virtually everyone was clamoring for JOK.

Yeah I know at some point myself nd I'm sure others on here even suggested taking him in the first if we were able to trade down. 

5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The way I saw it written, the team claiming him would assume his contract. Cleveland converted his salary to a signing bonus so the team claiming him this year would only need to pay him the minimum. He's under team control through 2023. If the Lions kept him, he would count $15 million against the cap but they could always cut him without incurring a dead cap hit because that salary is no longer guaranteed. The only downside I see is that he does report and becomes a locker room cancer. 

Report: Odell Beckham to be waived Monday

This says he’s due 7.25 million this season and the final 2 years were voided so he’ll be a FA after the season.

Prevea Health, Aaron Rodgers end their partnership

Clearly he was only in this partnership for the money, as he doesn’t believe in the industry, so this should actually hurt him a little.  This should fit nicely into his “cancel culture” victim routine.  You know being cancelled by “woke mob” medical professionals because you don’t believe them and have been taking their money while subverting their ideals.  Perhaps Joe Rogan will pay him to sponsor dumb shit “medicine.” 

Edited by sagnam
  • Thanks 1

The Rams are killing themselves with this stupid “turbo” “set” deal.  Everyone on the field is getting off the ball at the same time because there is literally no variance.  I know they’ve been using it all year I just don’t understand what it gets you as an offense if you use it on every snap.

12 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Looking like a good day for Lions draft picks. 

Surprisingly too. Who would have thought that the Jags would beat the Bills, Giants beat the Raiders with all their injuries, Arizona would crush the Niners without Murray, Hopkins etc. and that the Titans would crush the Rams without Henry. 

In any event, the Rams record was really propped up by wins against the Bears, Seahawks (without Wilson a lot of the game), Colts, Giants, Lions and Texans. They did beat Tampa but that was a really soft 7-1. They're 1-2 against legit teams and got pumped in the 2 losses. They're a good team but we really don't know how good they are.

With the release of Wells and Williams, Holmes and co. first free agent and trade class sure is a dud. There are few long term ramifications but you'd not like to see a class that could be confused with a Bob Quinn off season. 

Offense - At WR  Perriman didn't even make through camp and Williams gets injured and doesn't contribute at all. At TE the Lions first choice retired before camp so they scrambled to sign Wells who only lasted half the season. Jamaal Williams has been pretty good when in the line up. And Goff seems to be a grossly over paid back up level QB.

Defense - In the secondary Marlowe isn't contributing much and Dunbar strangely didn't report. So they signed Elder who didn't make the team. Anzalone has been solid at LB. Brockers, who they traded for, doesn't seem to be doing much.

Not promising but aside from Goff they were mostly one year deals.

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I mean, they were all 1 year deals. They were just filler. The one guy they signed to more than 1 year, Jamal Williams, was actually playing well. 

Goff wasn't a free agent signing. He was taken in order to get extra picks. He was basically a wild card. He was either a bridge QB or the future QB. 

Agree.   This was a busted season to begin with thanks to Quintricia.   The mistake wasn’t taking a flyer on Goff, it will be sticking with him as QB1 starting whenever Boyle is cleared to play. He needs a shot to see what they have.