4/12 1:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

22 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Pineda has a 2nd Toledo start tonite; I wonder if AJ might want to keep Alexander in rotation over Skubal?

I don't think it would be Skubal. 

If it were me, I'd try something different. Put Alexander on 6 days rest and have him split start with each of the 5 starters every fifth start. Sort of like an anti bullpen day. It's a way to increase his innings and decrease BP innings in an orderly manner not so dependent on random chance. In the end you want your best pitchers to work the most innings. How you do it matters less than that you do it.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't think it would be Skubal. 

If it were me, I'd try something different. Put Alexander on 6 days rest and have him split start with each of the 5 starters every fifth start. Sort of like an anti bullpen day. It's a way to increase his innings and decrease BP innings in an orderly manner not so dependent on random chance. In the end you want your best pitchers to work the most innings. How you do it matters less than that you do it.

This is a pretty good idea.... 

Either way, it's a really good problem to have.... hopefully means no more emergency starts from Hutchison and less bullpen days going forward lol