4/12 1:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

44 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Without Javy Baez the Tigers would be 0-4.

i had a smarmy " of course they would have given up a hit every time someone hit the ball to the left side of the infield" type response queued up but then I realized that would be lazy.  Indeed, we have gotten 2 wins because of Javy. 

Garneau is such an odd fit on this team.

only 4 games but whatever offensive reservations Hinch may have had re Haase, he seems to be swinging the bat well

maybe they did not like the way he handled pitchers?

but not sure if Garneau can hold onto a spot in Detroit for very long when Greene and/or Hill are healthy, and if Clemens and/or Kreidler stay hot

I don't know about taking your hottest hitter out of a lineup that ain't hitting.   He's 26, does he need a day off on a cool spring day?   Maybe vs. a lefty I could see, but Rich "Over The" Hill?    Hmmmm.   Not a fan of this move.    This seems like a dog days of summer move. 

And I agree on Garneau.   I can see why they kept him after the Greene injury, but since they picked up Meadows do they really need 3 catchers?  

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Garneau is such an odd fit on this team.

only 4 games but whatever offensive reservations Hinch may have had re Haase, he seems to be swinging the bat well

maybe they did not like the way he handled pitchers?

but not sure if Garneau can hold onto a spot in Detroit for very long when Greene and/or Hill are healthy, and if Clemens and/or Kreidler stay hot

Or when we have to cut 2 (?) players off the roster May 1st (?)