2022 NBA Playoffs

Deleterious

If CLE gets knocked out during the play-in, does Mobley still get Rookie of the Year? Isn't this whole narrative of why he'd get it based upon the success of the team (never mind that he's playing with 2 all-stars and the success of the team shouldn't matter for RoY)?

Btw what did you guys think of think of Minny celebrating like they won the championship? I seen them get mocked big time over it and I can understand that view point but I'm ok with it given the situation.

This has been a long suffering franchise and fanbase, couple that with the team having a lot of young players that haven't accomplished much in the NBA and I'll give them a pass for the exaggerated celebration. 

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Btw what did you guys think of think of Minny celebrating like they won the championship? I seen them get mocked big time over it and I can understand that view point but I'm ok with it given the situation.

This has been a long suffering franchise and fanbase, couple that with the team having a lot of young players that haven't accomplished much in the NBA and I'll give them a pass for the exaggerated celebration. 

the whole thing was ridiculous.  beverly acting like a fool as usual, running around and drawing attention only to himself while the rest of his teammates celebrated together.  kat standing on the sidelines doing nothing until someone told him the cameras were on him so he clapped half heartedly when his teammates took the lead and won.

arod in the front row showing off his guns and making sure the cameras knew where he was.

3 hours ago, buddha said:

the whole thing was ridiculous.  beverly acting like a fool as usual, running around and drawing attention only to himself while the rest of his teammates celebrated together.  kat standing on the sidelines doing nothing until someone told him the cameras were on him so he clapped half heartedly when his teammates took the lead and won.

arod in the front row showing off his guns and making sure the cameras knew where he was.

This is how I felt as well. I'm happy both LA "super" teams are now eliminated. Now I'm looking forward to Minnesota getting swept in the first round and Beverly getting ejected in at least one of those games.

Actually the Clippers aren't eliminated yet. The loser of the 7-8 game plays the winner of the 9-10 and whomever wins that gets the 8 seed. So the Clippers will be at home Friday against the winner of tonight's Spurs/Pelicans game and the winner of that game will get the 8 seed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Actually the Clippers aren't eliminated yet. The loser of the 7-8 game plays the winner of the 9-10 and whomever wins that gets the 8 seed. So the Clippers will be at home Friday against the winner of tonight's Spurs/Pelicans game and the winner of that game will get the 8 seed. 

This play in was dumb enough but this is even worse. Why not 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 and the winners are seeded 7 and 8 based on record? Why do the Clippers get a 2nd chance? 

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

This play in was dumb enough but this is even worse. Why not 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 and the winners are seeded 7 and 8 based on record? Why do the Clippers get a 2nd chance? 

My guess is that they wanted to reward a 7 or 8 seed with atleast one "playoff" home game.

Edit: after rereading your suggestion they would both get home games as well so I guess there goes my theory. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

And it begins already. 

Clippers getting beat down in the first half. The adjustment? Bench the Center so you can switch more easily against Ingram and CJ. Clippers go on a huge run and take the lead immediately. 

NO getting beat in the second half and what do they do? Bench their Center (JV - arguably their 3rd best player) in the 4th and go on a run to make it a game and pull it out. 

Could argue that the same thing happened in tonight’s first game although not by choice. Capella goes out with an injury on an already smallish team and the Hawks turn the game around to win it against a giant Cleveland front line. 

This has been a trend in the playoffs with even big names like Gobert, Ayton, and Lopez being taken off the court during crucial minutes because they get exposed against the perimeter oriented playmakers in todays game.

Its a perimeter league. This is why I’d rather not spend big money or a top 5 pick on a Center in today’s NBA.

44 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You can spend the money/pick on a C.  He just has to be able to defend the perimeter.  

Who are the big money or top 5 pick centers that can do that? You might find one or two but not sure that gamble is worth it when you’re better off spending that money/pick on a perimeter player in this league and getting a bargain Center that can fill a role. 

8 hours ago, Betrayer said:

And it begins already. 

Clippers getting beat down in the first half. The adjustment? Bench the Center so you can switch more easily against Ingram and CJ. Clippers go on a huge run and take the lead immediately. 

NO getting beat in the second half and what do they do? Bench their Center (JV - arguably their 3rd best player) in the 4th and go on a run to make it a game and pull it out. 

Could argue that the same thing happened in tonight’s first game although not by choice. Capella goes out with an injury on an already smallish team and the Hawks turn the game around to win it against a giant Cleveland front line. 

This has been a trend in the playoffs with even big names like Gobert, Ayton, and Lopez being taken off the court during crucial minutes because they get exposed against the perimeter oriented playmakers in todays game.

Its a perimeter league. This is why I’d rather not spend big money or a top 5 pick on a Center in today’s NBA.

wait a second....so youre saying spending $28 million a year on a center who does nothing but rebound isnt conducive to team building success????

• Thanks 1