2022 NBA Playoffs

Deleterious

I'm thankful for Jordan Poole hitting the shot to send UM to the sweet sixteen but boy now that he isn't on a team that I root for I realize how punchable looking he is. With that said he has transformed himself into a good player albeit with a punchable face. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Haha 1

Another Center getting played off the court in the playoffs. Sorry, Rudy, you can't play in this series. Mavs are just going to bomb open threes all day and you're not dominant on the offensive end to make up for it like an Embiid or Jokic. This is the NBA now. Teams will just go 5 out against a traditional Center, even the former DPOY.

2 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Another Center getting played off the court in the playoffs. Sorry, Rudy, you can't play in this series. Mavs are just going to bomb open threes all day and you're not dominant on the offensive end to make up for it like an Embiid or Jokic. This is the NBA now. Teams will just go 5 out against a traditional Center, even the former DPOY.

What's most fascinating to me about the evolution of basketball with the 3pt shot is how long it has taken to happen. It's an example that what people believe to be true without ever having any real evidence, is more powerful than reality. The NBA could(should?) have been playing this game within 10 yrs of 1986 (the 1st generation of players with the rule) but the belief that players couldn't hit 40% from 23 feet, and esp that big men couldn't shoot from out there (Bill Laimbeer not-withstanding) kept young players from ever teaching themselves to do. I suppose the Euro big men with outside shots also helped to finally change perceptions in the league.

I remember watching a special on Sportscenter about this small school in college basketball where the coach essentially said outside of fast breaks or gimme layups to shoot only 3s 

This has to be 15 or so years ago now but I remember watching it and listening to his reasoning and it was a light bulb moment for me and made me question why all teams don't do that. It hasnt evolved to the extreme that he implemented but its getting damn close.

42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He stole money all season, why stop now?

I am sort of sad.  He had a shot at being eliminated in two consecutive games.  That would be pretty cool.

why is it a surprise to anyone that ben simmons is sitting out a big game?

he's been healthy all year and hasnt played, why would he play now when there is pressure to win?  he makes KAT look mentally tough and tracy mcgrady look like a big time playoff winner.