2022 NBA Playoffs

Deleterious

At this point, I don’t know why anyone would believe Simmons will be playing until he is actually in a game playing.

Honestly, if you’re the opponent, do you even bother game playing with him in mind?  Seems like a waste of time.

And then if he is out there, you go right at him, right?  He’s probably lost so much game speed reps, make him prove he’s not rusty.

21 hours ago, casimir said:

At this point, I don’t know why anyone would believe Simmons will be playing until he is actually in a game playing.

Honestly, if you’re the opponent, do you even bother game playing with him in mind?  Seems like a waste of time.

And then if he is out there, you go right at him, right?  He’s probably lost so much game speed reps, make him prove he’s not rusty.

I think he's done in the NBA after this.   Maybe he ends up on a team that's mediocre and has no pressure to succeed, but he simply doesn't want it and if I owned a team, I would stay away from him.  No other player is every going to respect him.  He should just go back to Australia and get away from all of this.  Hopefully he still has most of his money, but if he doesn't, he's not only soft, he's an idiot.  

the bulls are a nice example of how teams get exposed in the playoffs.  thr bucks have totally shut them down.  double derozen.  that's all you do to beat them.  lavine is too wild and selfish, vuc just isnt good enough.  coby white is awful.  ayo and pwill stand in the corner and miss 3s.  caruso gets hurt.  bam, bad offensive team.

and derozen and lavine on defense in the playoffs is a problem.  have fun signing lavine to a max extension, bulls!

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Example #38490347 on why you need a center with specific skills.

This is who most consider the best C in the game today.  Getting hunted and scored on 6 possessions in a row.

https://streamable.com/cczt14

Yup. It was fun to watch. However, unlike Drummond, Adams, Gobert, and others who are getting played off the court, Embiid is too dominant on the offensive end to get benched for long stretches (or an entire series like Adams) in the playoffs.

This is today's NBA. Much as it annoyed me when Casey did it all year because we don't have the personnel for it (I'm looking at you, Corey Joseph), lineups that can switch everything like Boston are the playoff formula. 

17 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Tough break for Milwaukee. Shams reported that Middleton is out for round two against Boston and might even miss the conference finals if they advance.

I just need whoever comes out of that series to be strong enough to beat Philly if they make it through Toronto and Miami.