Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

It's because of him that I even knew what Infowars and ZeroHedge were.

There's a war on for your mind!

Ballmich was a smart guy.  I liked reading his takes in the Tigers forum and also in the investing thread.  It was disappointing to see him get caught up in the conspiracy theory stuff.  

Elon has a liberally friendly car company that flies in the face of the traditionally conservative gas and oil industry.  He also owns a heavily conservative leaning social media company and is personally outspoken against almost everything liberal.   Talk about a giant contradiction.   

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

the Santos thing is pretty amazing.  'bout time. 

Yeah, and he’s going down, because he has zero teflon. He’ll be the sacrificial lamb to Democratic pressure on Republican criminality in general, and perhaps even a bargaining chip as well. “OK, fine, you got one of ours, now you owe us one of yours … we call to the stand Hunter Biden …”

Just now, chasfh said:

Yeah, and he’s going down, because he has zero teflon. He’ll be the sacrificial lamb to Democratic pressure on Republican criminality in general, and perhaps even a bargaining chip as well. “OK, fine, you got one of ours, now you owe us one of yours … we call to the stand Hunter Biden …”

To which any logical American would say...."yeah, fine.  We call to the stand Don Jr.'s coke dealer. "

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

To which any logical American would say...."yeah, fine.  We call to the stand Don Jr.'s coke dealer. "

Not to mention a full scale investigation into the "business" dealings of DJT's daughter and her spouse. Her for deals with China, him for whatever he promised the Saudis and other countries he's received multi billion dollar deals (loans?) because of his father in law.

Its hard to watch Narcos season 1 and 2 knowing that Trump views himself as above the law like Escobar did.  The other thing you notice is just how oblivious that Escobar's family was to the actual human misery he was causing. 

39 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

I want to apologize to Coach Tommy, as I thought he was just an idiot, after he stated the 3 branches of the federal government were the Senate, the House and the President.

Turns out he is actually a genuinely bad person.

Tubehead doesn't want to lump those who were motivated by rhetoric to overthrow legitimate government elections but couldn't get inside the Capitol together with those who were motivated by rhetoric to overthrow legitimate government elections and did get inside the Capitol. He thinks it's un-American to condemn the sympathizers for the actions of the activists. Although America had no trouble lumping them all together when guys like my dad were called to stand guard over Germany after the war.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Tubehead doesn't want to lump those who were motivated by rhetoric to overthrow legitimate government elections but couldn't get inside the Capitol together with those who were motivated by rhetoric to overthrow legitimate government elections and did get inside the Capitol. He thinks it's un-American to condemn the sympathizers for the actions of the activists. Although America had no trouble lumping them all together when guys like my dad were called to stand guard over Germany after the war.

It was not like that when i was there.   Plenty of fraternization

27 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It was not like that when i was there.   Plenty of fraternization

It also wasn't 1945-46 when you were there. I might even argue that, because of the approach they took in 1945-46, you were able to fraternize in 1980- or 90-whatever.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It also wasn't 1945-46 when you were there. I might even argue that, because of the approach they took in 1945-46, you were able to fraternize in 1980- or 90-whatever.

Yeah, they normalized things when they needed W Germany to arm up in the 50s and 60s.