Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

How about a medical study University of Utah:

https://webpath.med.utah.edu/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNINJ.html#:~:text=Wounding is an extremely complex,even under controlled test conditions.

The higher the velocity of the bullet, the more kinetic energy, and the greater the temporary cavity size, which may be more than 10 times the caliber of the bullet... Rifle bullets generally have a high velocity >2000 feet per second (fps), or >609.6 meters per second (mps), while bullets fired from handguns more typically have lower velocity. Bullets that traverse tissue without deformation or tumbling impart less kinetic energy and are more likely to exit the body.

Or do you want a US Governmental study on the "Physics and Biophysics of Wound Ballistics" repeating everything I just said above?

https://medcoeckapwstorprd01.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/pfw-images/borden/conventional-warfare/Chap4Pages1-12.pdf

I'm not certain what NRA PROPAGANDA Archie is going to cite to try and refute this... nor do I care.

Just know that I KNOW that how, when and with WHAT, an attempt is made to refute these studies that they are propaganda BS, pure and simple.

You post all this to deflect from your original post that was 100% false.  It would have been a lot easier and quicker to admit the mistake/lie and move on. Nothing you have posted says a bump stock turns a semi-auto firearm into a full auto.  

A bump stock will allow a person to fire slightly faster but they are incredibly inaccurate. Rate of fire with a bump stock is around 250 +/- rounds per minute but a user is limited to how long they can shoot by overheating of the barrel. 

An auto like an M16 can fire around 900 rounds +/- per minute and  are designed to do so. Big difference. 

Another point of mine proven in this topic is a few days ago I made a comment that people here feed off each others bad info and outright lies. I see your bad info was cheered on but your fellow liberals that are  just as clueless on the topic. Congraulation!

1 hour ago, oblong said:

like accuracy matters when firing off dozens of rounds into a crowd.

Jesus the stupidity....

The argument that they hurt accuracy, which logically does make sense to me, makes it even more difficult in defending them.  It shows just how 'slippery slope' crazy the GOP and NRA have gotten with guns.

5 hours ago, Archie said:

... Nothing you have posted says a bump stock turns a semi-auto firearm into a full auto...

What you quoted has nothing to do with bump stocks. I am speaking specifically about muzzle velocity and it's relationship to "battlefield" or "sonic" damage. Also called "stress cavity" as a result of the shock wave from the bullet. You disputed this (different conversation that we had a month or two ago...); let me know when you catch up here...

5 hours ago, Archie said:

... A bump stock will allow a person to fire slightly faster but they are incredibly inaccurate. Rate of fire with a bump stock is around 250 +/- rounds per minute but a user is limited to how long they can shoot by overheating of the barrel. 

An auto like an M16 can fire around 900 rounds +/- per minute and  are designed to do so. Big difference...

Such a big difference that there were ONLY 500 casualties in Las Vegas. From ONE MAN/ shooter!

Congratulations. 😖

• Thanks 1

Ro Khanna continues to be sexist as he again calls for Feinstein to retire.  The jokes on him though as Feinstein actually has been in DC voting this entire time.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/reporters-detail-concerning-feinstein-encounter-18103053.php

Newell recounted that when the other reporter asked Feinstein how her return to Washington had been received among her Capitol colleagues, she seemed to deny being gone.

"No, I haven’t been gone," she reportedly said, before adding: "You should follow the — I haven’t been gone, I’ve been working."

Newell said Feinstein "turned feisty" when she was asked to clarify whether she meant that she had been working from home. Her office had maintained that she was receiving updates about Senate business while she was recuperating in San Francisco.

“No, I’ve been here. I’ve been voting,” she reportedly said. “Please, you either know or don’t know.”

17 hours ago, oblong said:

that doesn't seem very 'free'.

Sure it’s free. It’s the freedom for the people in charge to control other people’s personal and private lives. There’s a long and storied history of that in that part of the country.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Maybe Bruce (Catlyn) needs to look in a mirror...

The criticism of transgender people from a transgender woman makes Caitlyn one of the good ones. Same as a black person who criticizes the blacks.

13 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Ro Khanna continues to be sexist as he again calls for Feinstein to retire.  The jokes on him though as Feinstein actually has been in DC voting this entire time.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/reporters-detail-concerning-feinstein-encounter-18103053.php

It's a sad ending to a career. When an old person declines fast, it's relatively easy. When they decline slowly, it not unusual to end up in a situation where by the time the need to make a decision is clear, it's already too late for the person to be able to self assess adequately to make that right decision. Then it gets ugly as the assessment has to forced.