Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

• 2 weeks later...

Oh.........politicians ARE molesting (or trying to) minors......................Another Republican, by the way.   

It's always the ones who protest TOO much, isn't it.      Family Values My Arse. 

Ex-North Dakota Lawmaker Accused Of Flying To Prague To Rape Minor

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ap-us-former-legislator-indicted-north-dakota_n_653ff3dee4b0a78a26a44b60

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone by now knows how Speaker Johnson shepherded the release of 40,000 hours of footage of the Jan 6 incident so the right wingers can gaslight us that those people breaching the Cpitol really were just tourists in DC there to pay homage to the seat of our government, and they can show us footage of people hugging Capitol cops and all that.

Liz Cheney has a reminder for us. 

Pete Meijer says Biden's economic destruction of the country must be stopped, even if it means electing the Trump. He is still pissed Dems supported his wacko GQP opponent in the primary.

My overarching goal is to make Joe Biden a one-term president. I think that economic damage that he has wrought and will continue to bring will have far more wide-reaching negative consequences on the country than a second non-consecutive Trump administration.

Here's how Biden has destroyed the economy

Signed an infrastructure bill to repair our roads, waterways, bridges and railroads, and bring high-speed internet to rural communities.
·         Signed the Inflation Reduction Act, making health insurance plans more affordable, lowering drug costs.
·         Signed the CHIPS and Science Act, providing funding to produce semiconductor chips in the U.S.A.
·         Traveled to war zones, and brought the USA back to the global table as a strong respected partner and leader. 
·         For addressing climate change his administration has provided millions to reduce greenhouse emissions and promote clean energy technologies, moving our country to greater self-sufficiency in energy production.
·         Oversaw the passage of landmark gun legislation; though not nearly enough; the bill is the first major federal firearms legislation since the 1990s, and a significant step forward.
·         He arranged to have certain student loans forgiven and is still working to do more.
·         After a very difficult global economic period, inflation is going down, and hourly wage increases exceeded inflation for the first time in two years this past summer.

What did Trump or any other sitting Republican do in the past 2 plus years (2021 to today) that helped the average American, not the Oligarch Class

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

How big was that turkey? My local Food Lion's most expensive one was $2.99 fully cooked. A "fresh" turkey was $1.49. No wonder Trumpublicans are complaining. They're lousy shoppers

I just checked our favorite BBQ place...a 16-18 pound locally sourced honey brined smoked hen is $90, if it's fried it's $95. They say it feeds up to 8 people which comes out to a bit less than $12 a serving. Throw in gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes, green bean casserole etc it's expensive. But you save a hell of a lot of time on labor.

15 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I just checked our favorite BBQ place...a 16-18 pound locally sourced honey brined smoked hen is $90, if it's fried it's $95. They say it feeds up to 8 people which comes out to a bit less than $12 a serving. Throw in gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potatoes, green bean casserole etc it's expensive. But you save a hell of a lot of time on labor.

See, now, that's the problem! Nobody wants to work anymore! Thanks, Biden!!

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

How big was that turkey? My local Food Lion's most expensive one was $2.99 fully cooked. A "fresh" turkey was $1.49. No wonder Trumpublicans are complaining. They're lousy shoppers

Not to flog a dead turkey, however still looking for that elusive $90 bird

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/thanksgiving-dinner-cost-relief-but-still-high-relative-to-recent-years

As Americans prepare for Thanksgiving, they’ll see some relief in food prices for their Thanksgiving dinner. In the American Farm Bureau Federation’s 38th annual Thanksgiving dinner survey, we find that this year’s classic Thanksgiving feast for 10 will be $61.17, or approximately $6.12 per guest. This represents a 4.5% decline from historically high prices last year, driven by a decline in the price of the Thanksgiving dinner centerpiece – the turkey. Despite the year-over-year relief, the cost is still 25% higher compared to 2019, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The survey results revealed regional differences in retail food prices, with a $5.72 spread between the least and most expensive regions. This Thanksgiving, the least expensive food region for Thanksgiving dinner is the Midwest at $58.66, followed by the South at $59.10, the West at $63.89, and the Northeast as the most expensive at $64.38.

1 hour ago, oblong said:

That senator that wanted to fight the teamster guy complained on twitter that he paid over $4.50 a gallon, in Oklahoma, to fill up his F250 Diesel, blaming Biden.

A check on gasbuddy shows diesel prices in Oklahoma to be about a buck cheaper per gallon.

Geeee….you mean they’re liars, too??

I can’t believe it! Shocking.

2 hours ago, oblong said:

That senator that wanted to fight the teamster guy complained on twitter that he paid over $4.50 a gallon, in Oklahoma, to fill up his F250 Diesel, blaming Biden.

A check on gasbuddy shows diesel prices in Oklahoma to be about a buck cheaper per gallon.

Transporting all of those bodies can get expensive when gas is high.  At least he was smart enough to buy a diesel.   This is 2023 and everyone listens to true crime podcasts now.  Often they aren't caught until they make a mistake and bring unwanted attention on themselves.  I figure another week or two before someone uncovers he's not Markwayne, but actually .... Ba ba ba ba baaaaaa .... Mark Wayne Mullins.

9 hours ago, oblong said:

And if we are being honest…. Turkey kind of sucks.  I mean I eat it and everything. It’s not bad. It’s not offensive or anything. It’s just kind of blah. 

Turkey done well is great... it's just that it's really hard to do well!

In terms of BBQ, Texas BBQ in particular, turkey is basically a litmus test for quality and talent in my eyes. Places / people who do it well are good at their craft, avoid the places that don't.