4/22 7:10 Rockies @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

33 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yeah, the yellow stuff on the radar I'm looking at (currently in WMI) looks like it's tracking ENE enough that it will more clip Downtown Detroit than hit it straight on. 

I wouldn't bet against them playing.

Here is the radar projection for 9pm. Looks like drizzle at least. Tomorrow looks pretty perfect so I wouldn't be too surprised it they pull the plug.

image.png.051e79f71c38f5dade725ea6fe1a615d.png

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Here is the radar projection for 9pm. Looks like drizzle at least. Tomorrow looks pretty perfect so I wouldn't be too surprised it they pull the plug.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist on this question, so light drizzle shouldn't be a reason to cancel. Especially with the drainage on these modern fields.

But I can understand why someone with tickets to tonight would prefer they cancel

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Those assholes are going to get thousands of people to pay for parking (much of it they own)  and a little bit of food before they ever call it.  It's just a scumbag move.  Just cancel the fucking game already. 

Screenshot_20220422-182649_Google.jpg

So wait a minute.  Are today's tickets for the first game tomorrow, or the second?    Oy, what a mess that could be. 

If they honor the tickets as the SECOND game and he gets a hit in the first one, not only will the people who were going tonight not going to be there, but they won't even get to cheer Miggy because if he does get the milestone in the first game there is no way he even plays the second.   

57 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If the drizzle started in mid-game, they'd try to get through it, but they don't start the games in the rain. 

You ever ride a motorcycle in the rain............on weed

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So wait a minute.  Are today's tickets for the first game tomorrow, or the second?    Oy, what a mess that could be. 

If they honor the tickets as the SECOND game and he gets a hit in the first one, not only will the people who were going tonight not going to be there, but they won't even get to cheer Miggy because if he does get the milestone in the first game there is no way he even plays the second.   

seems the rain out make-up has to be the 2nd game as the 1:10 game is going as per the original schedule. TBF - you never get a guarantee of what is going to happen when you buy a ticket, there really isn't anything the Tigers can do about the rain.

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

seems the rain out make-up has to be the 2nd game as the 1:10 game is going as per the original schedule. TBF - you never get a guarantee of what is going to happen when you buy a ticket, there really isn't anything the Tigers can do about the rain.

Death, taxes, and Nelson Cruz demolishing the Tigers.  Those are the only guarantees in life.

— Casimir 3:16

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Game has been called, two tomorrow 

Hmmm….  So now what to do with Cabrera in the nightcap if he goes hitless in the matinee?  Again, I think Hinch allows Cabrera to make the call if he plays or sits this weekend.  There probably was a bump in ticket sales for #3,000.  And with Monday being an off day, Cabrera can probably DH 3 games in 2 days that are bookended by off days.

7 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hmmm….  So now what to do with Cabrera in the nightcap if he goes hitless in the matinee?  Again, I think Hinch allows Cabrera to make the call if he plays or sits this weekend.  There probably was a bump in ticket sales for #3,000.  And with Monday being an off day, Cabrera can probably DH 3 games in 2 days that are bookended by off days.

Maybe he'll be too tired to try to reach third from first on a single...............

He’s going to play until he gets his hit. 

glad I get to get stuff done before the game tomorrow. Was halfway down there when a friend called me.  But I prepaid parking. Only $8. My son and I are now at Downey Brewing so not a total loss I guess. But now I gotta hope for another 0-fer.   Not bitter about the game time. You can’t change it up on people who bought tickets for tomorrow afternoon originally.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

Shouldn't be too tough to DH two games with 2-3 hours to relax in between.

ROSTER MOVES FOR TOMORROW ?

In
Javier Baez - recovered
Beau Brieske - called up
Derek Hill - called up

Out
Willi Castro - sent down
Rony Garcia - sent down
Victor Reyes - hurt  (Baddoo should thank him)

DFA'd
Zack Short - he'll clear waivers

When there is a 26 man roster teams are allowed an extra pitcher for doubleheaders, right?

Now that the roster is at 28 do they still get the extra pitcher?