Torkelson, 1b
Meadows, lf
Cabrera, dh
Candelario, 3b
Haase, c
Schoop, 2b
Castro, ss
Reyes, cf

Breakup the Candy/Schoop tandem and certainly get both of them away from the top of the lineup.  Torkelson at 2 already?  Sure, his OBP is .357 and he's showing great patience at the plate.    If Meadows has an OBP of over .400 then he deserves a shot at #3 until Baez is back.   If Schoop doesn't like hitting 7th, then prove us all wrong, please.   Can't wit for the May wake up call.     Baddoo does not need to start games right now.  Hill should be called up today or tomorrow as Baddoo needs to work out his stuff in Toledo in the lineup every single day.  I still like him, I still think he can bring something, but he's not helping the team or himself.  

2 hours ago, oblong said:

Supposed to rain tonight so the crowd there, including me, will be miserable.

Definite weakness in the design at CoPa. Too little roof over the upper deck and upper deck concourses - you may have to go a long way to get out of the rain. 

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is it supposed to be constant rain?   I think it's going to be on and off.  It would take quite a rainfall to postpone this one.   They just don't have much room for make up dates, especially interleague games. 

Yeah, kinda the same situation as the Boston game.... lots of incentives to get it in.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My lineup

Grossman, rf
Torkelson, 1b
Meadows, lf
Cabrera, dh
Canderlario, 3b
Reyes, cf
Schoop, 2b
Castro, ss (take your pick)
Barnhart, c

Or
Grossman, rf
Torkelson, 1b
Meadows, lf
Cabrera, dh
Candelario, 3b
Haase, c
Schoop, 2b
Castro, ss
Reyes, cf

Breakup the Candy/Schoop tandem and certainly get both of them away from the top of the lineup.  Torkelson at 2 already?  Sure, his OBP is .357 and he's showing great patience at the plate.    If Meadows has an OBP of over .400 then he deserves a shot at #3 until Baez is back.   If Schoop doesn't like hitting 7th, then prove us all wrong, please.   Can't wit for the May wake up call.     Baddoo does not need to start games right now.  Hill should be called up today or tomorrow as Baddoo needs to work out his stuff in Toledo in the lineup every single day.  I still like him, I still think he can bring something, but he's not helping the team or himself.  

I actually had a thought about Grossman, Cabrera/Meadows, and Meadows/Cabrera at the top of the lineup.  Grossman is still getting on base via walk, although he is really pulling the ball early on (53% vs career 29%).

And, sure, move Torkelson up higher, because he seems to be doing well enough after his 0fer.

What do you do with Reyes?  He's been one of the more productive bats, but, come on, its Victor Reyes, we've seen this act before, right?  Or have the mechanical changes done him a favor?

Heck, I'll go with it.

Grossman, 9

Cabrera, DH

Meadows, 7

Torkelson, 3

Candelario, 5

Reyes. 8

Haase, 2

Castro, 6

Schoop, 4

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, casimir said:

I actually had a thought about Grossman, Cabrera/Meadows, and Meadows/Cabrera at the top of the lineup.  Grossman is still getting on base via walk, although he is really pulling the ball early on (53% vs career 29%).

And, sure, move Torkelson up higher, because he seems to be doing well enough after his 0fer.

What do you do with Reyes?  He's been one of the more productive bats, but, come on, its Victor Reyes, we've seen this act before, right?  Or have the mechanical changes done him a favor?

Heck, I'll go with it.

Grossman, 9

Cabrera, DH

Meadows, 7

Torkelson, 3

Candelario, 5

Reyes. 8

Haase, 2

Castro, 6

Schoop, 4

At the moment, even setting aside whether his offensive production may or may not be flukey, I do think you have to look at Reyes in the lineup more just because of being relatively better at defense in center than the other options.

28 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

At the moment, even setting aside whether his offensive production may or may not be flukey, I do think you have to look at Reyes in the lineup more just because of being relatively better at defense in center than the other options.

That's a good point.  If Baddoo doesn't get it going (either at the plate or in the field), he may find himself switching places with Hill.

57 minutes ago, casimir said:

I am by no means a believer but given what he has done and the alternative options I think he deserves more playing time. He's not all that far off from his career norms as it is. Even with whatever improvements, he's not harnessing his power

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watch Miggy get a hit in his first AB and everyone celebrates only for the game to get called shortly after so the hit doesn't end up counting. 

I would imagine MLB and the umps have had that discussion

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watch Miggy get a hit in his first AB and everyone celebrates only for the game to get called shortly after so the hit doesn't end up counting. 

Blame Boone.  Fire Ausmus.

That’s like a haiku or a sonnet or something, right?

2 hours ago, JackPine said:

I am by no means a believer but given what he has done and the alternative options I think he deserves more playing time. He's not all that far off from his career norms as it is. Even with whatever improvements, he's not harnessing his power

Well, never mind for now.  Looks like he’s on the IL.  Thanks a lot @Tigeraholic1.

• Sad 1