5/6 8:10 Tigers @ Astros

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

It's still Hinch's decision to put those guys out there, I can't give him a pass to blame it all on AA.

No, that's what we do here...when things go well it's because of Hinch.  When they go poorly it's because of Avila.

It reminds me of this satirical news report:  "Jamaica's Ben Johnson tested positive for banned substances, causing the forfeit of the gold medal won by Canada's Ben Johnson".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

MLB writer Allyson Footer did color for the middle three innings on the radio.  I only heard the last inning, so I can't say how good she was.  I am pretty sure it was just a one time thing.  

I thought she was pretty decent. I liked listening to her and Dan talk about the early days of this ballpark and José Lima and such.

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

I thought she was pretty decent. I liked listening to her and Dan talk about the early days of this ballpark and José Lima and such.

It sounded more like a guest interview than color, but she wasn't bad.  She has a good voice which is half the battle on the radio.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It sounded more like a guest interview than color, but she wasn't bad.  She has a good voice which is half the battle on the radio.  

She also was pretty good at that thing of cutting herself off and not talking through a pitch.

• Like 1

Having the Castros on the team is really cool because, in spring training games, they can play lots of different positions.

It's not over yet but right now this loss is occurring simply because Willi was in the outfield and Hill was on the bench.  

20 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Having the Castros on the team is really cool because, in spring training games, they can play lots of different positions.

It's not over yet but right now this loss is occurring simply because Willi was in the outfield and Hill was on the bench.  

The next time this team has a winning season, one imagines the Castros will be long gone lol

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tiger pitchers threw a shut-out. The D and the batters managed to lose it.

And, especially, the guy who filled out the lineup card.  Knowing that the team would probably have trouble scoring more than 2 runs, he keeps the best outfield defender on the bench and puts one of his "versatile" guys, God this is driving me crazy, into the outfield instead.

Every single person in this forum would have had Hill in center and Baddoo in left.  Without exception, every one of us.  And, by the way, every player who dressed for the game would have done it the same way too.  They earned a win, they didn’t get one, and they know why. They are not angry at Willi, they already knew that he is a bad defender.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

And, especially, the guy who filled out the lineup card.  Knowing that the team would probably have trouble scoring more than 2 runs, he keeps the best outfield defender on the bench and puts one of his "versatile" guys, God this is driving me crazy, into the outfield instead.

Every single person in this forum would have had Hill in center and Baddoo in left.  Without exception, every one of us.  And, by the way, every player who dressed for the game would have done it the same way too.  They earned a win, they didn’t get one, and they know why. They are not angry at Willi, they already knew that he is a bad defender.

And the thing which just adds to the frustration is that all this crappy fielding is supposedly in the pursuit of positional flexibility - Well how many substitutions did Hinch make tonight? Exactly Zero. How many did he make last night, Exactly one - he pinch ran for Cabrera and the player never hit or went to the field. Just WTF good is all this positional flexibility doing for us?