6/5 11:35 Tigers @ Yankees

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, kdog said:

I would guess we are nearing the end of the Eric Haase era....below .500 OPS guys who have no defensive value should be gone ASAP.

It's not often a player leads his team in home runs one season and then sits on the bench the next season. Some players never get into the groove by only playing once a week.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We'll probably see Meadows back on Tuesday in Pittsburgh. 

We'll see Riley make his debut Friday against Toronto (in 2025 if it's up to Henning)

Eduardo will probably have a rehab start in Toledo this week

Pineda not far behind him.  

Victor Reyes and Robbie Grossman will likely start rehab assignments in Toledo soon.  Although, to be honest, you can just release Robbie Grossman at this point.  He's got one of the highest strikeout rates in baseball, his power is gone and I would rather see more of Cameron/Hill/Reyes at this point.   

If keeping Grossman leads to WCastro being demoted, I say keep Robbie. Castro in the OF isn't something I enjoy seeing.

Almost unwatchable.  The batters aren’t making adjustments. Hell, they haven’t made adjustments all season. They chase everything.  It’s like they can’t wait to get back on the bench.

Pitching is holding up, but the Yankee strike zone is aggravating.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Does Tork stay up all season? Not sute uf sending him down does any good, especially when this team sucks anyway, but he cant even barrel up meatballs...

He's not taking playing time away from someone who is any better, so they might as well keep him in Detroit.  He won't learn to hit MLB pitching in Toledo.  

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Does Tork stay up all season? Not sute uf sending him down does any good, especially when this team sucks anyway, but he cant even barrel up meatballs...

he's on a 1 for 17 but he had 50PA at a 900+ OPS before that, so I don't thinks he's going anywhere for a while.