6/5 11:35 Tigers @ Yankees

Tigeraholic1

This one really sucks...if they walk out of New York with a win, they basically meet expectations going against a team as good as the Yankees

They had a chance but the defense just collapsed. Six outs to win a ballgame, the bullpen did its part, but the defense failed. 

Obviously wished they would have done more in the 10th offensively, but the game felt lost after they allowed NY to score without a single hit in the 8th

Edited by mtutiger

5 minutes ago, kdog said:

Bringing up the starting outfield is a step up to a below average team vs being completely awful. But this was a 77 win team if everything went right. The rebuild isn’t over, it’s just beginning.

I'm sure I'll be laughed out of the thread for suggesting this, but I think this can still be a 77 win team or better... as bad as the last three games have been, it's still come against a team that is the best and hottest in baseball, who now has a 39-15 record. Now that the Yankees and Dodgers are off the schedule, they won't face a tougher team for the remainder of the year.

The pitching has largely held up and will likely continue to hold the ship to some extent, especially as guys like ERod and Pineda come back. 

But it really comes down to the offense playing up to career averages. They largely have not thus far. 

24 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Lol, he'll never get the money he's currentlu owed if he plays like this

I agree with that, but how much shit can his ego eat when this fanbase goes full drunken, angry Bob Ueker on his ass at Comerica Park...it's gonna get real ugly amd awkward for him.  The heat that he's already gotten on social media from the fans is off the charts.  If he doesnt turn it on soon, I dont see how he'll want to be here, even with the $.