2022 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

46 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

Right. His ceiling was sometimes said as Greg Maddox, because of his control. Hasn’t turned out that way so far, but the splitter was not all he had going for him.

yeah - for me this has been the mystery with Mize. He was billed as having good quadrant level command of his FB but has really never shown it since being drafted.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - for me this has been the mystery with Mize. He was billed as having good quadrant level command of his FB but has really never shown it since being drafted.

I can't remember what the exact injury was but things seem to change after he got that injury in May or June of 2019. Like he was dominant in High A so got fast tracked to Erie then proceeded to throw a no hitter in his first start there in early May of 2019 then a few weeks after that he went down with an injury that took him out for like 6 weeks iirc and his command and splitter just hasn't been the same since.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, Dtrain72 said:

You guys are cute, all thinking Chris would ever fire Al...Chris was born on home plate with no ridges in his brain; Al's gonna work him for every penny he can get...only way Al goes is if he actually resigns.  Al may very well still be GM in 2030, orchestrating his 4th rebuild from rebuilding the rebuild he previously failed rebuilding prior to the 1st rebuild.

Nailed it

• Haha 1