2023 Draft

I am so glad Stevie didn't trade these picks. I want him to take all 3 second round picks. After that, he can do whatever he wants from there on out. If we don't have a good enough farm system after adding 5 players in a "deep draft" then I don't know we ever will be. He can trade both of next years first rounders for a young player.... Very happy he stuck here with these two picks. Keep the next 3 then do whatever you want afterwards........

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

At this point I'm ranking the Red Wings top 5 prospects as:

1. Edvinsson

2. Kasper

3. Danielson

4. Pellikka

5. Wallinder

I'm tempted to shove Mazur at 4 or 5 based on how confident I am that he will be a NHLer, but I am not sure if I can argue with this list much at all.  I'm really excited to follow Danielson and Pellikka this upcoming season.

22 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

I am so glad Stevie didn't trade these picks. I want him to take all 3 second round picks. After that, he can do whatever he wants from there on out. If we don't have a good enough farm system after adding 5 players in a "deep draft" then I don't know we ever will be. He can trade both of next years first rounders for a young player.... Very happy he stuck here with these two picks. Keep the next 3 then do whatever you want afterwards........

There are multiple right-shot defenseman and goalies looking to fall into our range with those three 2nd round picks...

I'd like to double-down on one right-shot D, a goalie, and another goal scorer/ playmaker whatever is available with that 3rd second-rounder...

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Has Cossa shown enough yet to jump Wallinder...?

Hmmm... maybe.

no.  wallinder was one if the best defensemen in the swedish league playing against men.  cossa had a good season in the echl.  when he played in grand rapids he was ****.

sure, he's big and has promise, but wallinder has played against men and been one of the better players on the ice.

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Let me revise this because I think I'll go with Cossa at 5...

At this point I'm ranking the Red Wings top 7 prospects as:

1. Edvinsson

2. Kasper

3. Danielson

4. Pellikka

5. Cossa

6. Wallinder

7. Mazur

kasper

mazur

edvinsson

pelikka

wallinder

danielson

lombardi

buchelnikov

cossa

Yeah I don't think I'm putting Mazur at #2 and Edvinsson at #3.

But I hear you on Wallinder and how far Cossa has come along but still needs to go... I'd be fine with Cossa & Wallinder swapping spots on my list because in my mind it's a really tough call on production versus "future potential" between those two... but I prefer my list and rankings to yours otherwise...

Also... At #8 I think Soderblom is in the argument, as well as Lombardi and maybe even Buium (even though he struggled a bit this year), and Buchelnikov as a high upside possibility...

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

Yeah I don't think I'm putting Mazur at #2 and Edvinsson at #3.

But I hear you on Wallinder and how far Cossa has come along but still needs to go... I'd be fine with Cossa & Wallinder swapping spots on my list because in my mind it's a really tough call on production versus "future potential" between those two... but I prefer my list and rankings to yours otherwise...

Also... At #8 I think Soderblom is in the argument, as well as Lombardi and maybe even Buium (even though he struggled a bit this year), and Buchelnikov as a high upside possibility...

i wasnt impressed with edvinsson.  he needs a lot of work.  

i forgot about soderblum.  i'd put him above cossa too.