09/03/2022 6:10 EDT Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers

casimir

36 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Mebbe. It does make sense though to give the reps to guys who will likely be counted on as contributors next season.

i dont mean to say they are playing them so people will watch.  i mean that its really the only reason for us to watch.  to see how the youngins do.

42 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Mebbe. It does make sense though to give the reps to guys who will likely be counted on as contributors next season.

With Kreidler in particular, it would be nice to see him show some promise in this stint. May have an impact on how a new GM approaches the offseason, what holes they choose to fill, etc.

52 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

With Kreidler in particular, it would be nice to see him show some promise in this stint. May have an impact on how a new GM approaches the offseason, what holes they choose to fill, etc.

I’m a bit behind on the recording.  He just made the nice dive, pop up, and throw right over to Torkleson’s chest.  Very fluid play out of him.

Candelario’s offensive struggles have been well noted.  His defense has slumped this season, too, but his bat has been criticized the most.  He should be taking notice of what’s going on the past 11 innings

So one thing I would like to see in the regime of new GM: Every year under DD and AA, there has been one pitcher - usually a journeyman starter signed in the off-season, who they spend the whole season trying to get or keep in the rotation, when the fact is that the guy is simply terrible - worse than half a dozen other options they could try but don't. This year it's been Pineda. 

I hope he is the last in a long string....