Week One: Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

MichiganCardinal

7 hours ago, sagnam said:

I got tickets to next weeks game.  If the Lions win I may try to resell them for a profit and get cheaper tickets. Otherwise, I’ll have the best seats I’ve had to any sporting event.  And I’ll be with my kids.

I’m also headed to next weeks game. I’ve been to a few lions games, just never at Ford Field. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

I expect the Lions to start this game hot today.  I think the offense will be sharp and I do expect them to move the ball.  Goff will use all his receivers and I wouldn't be surprise if as many as 8 players have receptions in the game, but I also think that while the defense absolutely looks better and will feed off the energy of the crowd, they will tire out with the lack of depth.  

I think Philly wins 31-23

Goff will look sharp - like the 2nd half of last seasons

Hutch will get one sack today, but won't be overly affective (he's a rookie)

The linebackers will get burned by Tight Ends and Running Back catching passes out of the backfield all day (it should be the focus of the next offseason)

I am very interested to see how Jeff Okudah looks.   He was over-drafted, no doubt, and had a morbid rookie season, but I am thinking that had more to do with Patricia than Okudah.  He has a lot to prove and I am sure Philly will test him plenty today.  Don't give up on him.  If he'd been drafted where he should (10-15) we'd feel more optimistic about him.   

WOW, what a great, sustained opening drive. If something is working don't go away from it until the other team proves they can stop it. Right now, we're running the football with ease and controling time of possession and the line of scrimmage with it. I hope this keeps up! Keep pounding the football at Philly until they show they can stop our running game.