Week One: Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

MichiganCardinal

image.png.1c7ea85a406fb83ea79ec4e0bcef3c4c.png            vs.            image.png.313550ea49f20c4e3ec04253a5d941fd.png

Setting: 09/11/2022 1:00pm EST on FOX

Site: Ford Field in Detroit, MI

Weather: Climate Controlled

All-Time Series Record: Eagles lead, 17-16-2

Last Meeting: 10/31/2021, Eagles won 44-6

Philadelphia Eagles (0-0)

Head Coach: Nick Sirianni (2nd Season: 9-9)

Projected Starting QB: Jalen Hurts (3rd Season: 9-10)

Last Week: 1-2 Preseason Record (24-21 L v. Jets, 21-20 W @ Browns, 48-10 L @ Dolphins)

Looking Ahead to Week #2: Monday Night Football v. Minnesota Vikings (0-0)

image.png.e4a45831e38f0437ffc3a435f0a3b559.png

Your Detroit Lions (0-0)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (2nd Season: 3-13-1)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (7th Season: 45-37-1)

Last Week: 1-2 Preseason Record (27-23 L v. Falcons, 27-26 W @ Colts, 19-9 L @ Steelers)

Looking Ahead to Week #2: Sunday v. Washington Commanders (0-0)

image.thumb.png.ce6dd9caf4eac029bf74348c23643df9.png

Elsewhere in the NFL

Primetime: Bills @ Rams (TNF), Buccaneers @ Cowboys (SNF), Broncos @ Seahawks (MNF)

1:00pm: Steelers @ Bengals, 49ers @ Bears, Patriots @ Dolphins, Browns @ Panthers, Colts @ Texans, Saints @ Falcons, Ravens @ Jets, Jaguars @ Commanders

4:25pm: Giants @ Titans, Raiders @ Chargers, Packers @ Vikings, Chiefs @ Cardinals

Edited by MichiganCardinal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Quick question, outside of forking over much more than I want to pay for DirectTV and the NFL package is there a way to get out of market games? I'm stuck here in Commander territory and would rather watch William and Mary replays than support the crook who owns the team up I-95

A lot of sports pubs have NFL Ticket... but usually not Detroit volume. You can always ask for Closed Captioned so you can at least read along with what they are saying. Not too many Lions games here in Jersey. But both national (Buffalo Wild Wings/ Brickhouse Bar & Grille/ etc.) and local pubs (just call or check) have the Sunday Ticket. Good excuse for me to run out of the house and grab a burger or something different to eat... I have a list of 69 (not joking) local and national pubs from south Jersey to north Jersey to choose to go see a game. More often than not, since they've been losers, I leave at halftime or shortly thereafter. But it's not hard to stay the full game either by ordering an extra appy or beer or dessert...

Edited by 1984Echoes

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I believe you can watch all games now on the NFL + app. There is a 7 day free trial so you can try it for this Eagles game.

https://www.nfl.com/plus/games/bills-at-rams-2022-reg-1/1384872

Only has local market games along with all prime time.  VPN could possibly work around it.

Shady streaming sites are probably the best.  

I’m concerned with the LB group being able to keep contain on Hurts.  I’m concerned with the front 7 slowing down their run game.  I am very concerned about the entire defense being able to defend crossing patterns.  

I am excited to see the cover come off on this offense and see if they are able to move the ball against what should be a top 12 defense.    I am excited to see if they can play a game a clean game with minimal dumb penalties and turnovers.   I am excited to see our CB’s lineup and show what they can do against a very good WR group.  

I think this one comes down to the last drive.  

Eagles 27

Lions 24

On 9/4/2022 at 2:12 PM, buddha said:

eagles are a bad matchup for the lions.  

Lots of talent at WR and TE with Brown, Smith, and Goedert plus Gainwell and Sanders catching the ball out of the backfield. I'm not sure that Miles Sanders is worth a damn, but he keeps getting the hype as if he's a good player. I don't know that we have the guys in the secondary needed to cover Brown, Smith, and Goedert. 

Week one is always such a crapshoot. I am interested to see whether the "unorthodox" practices in conditioning and full tackling in training camp pay off for the Lions.

I think they'll contain Hurts. They did a really good job last year of containing Lamar Jackson. The run though.... the Eagles 2nd and 3rd string RBs walked all over us last year. And I am not sure what has changed for us.

The offense should be clicking on all cylinders... I'll predict a close, high scoring game.

Eagles 41

Lions 37

Let's say the Eagles do drop 41 on us. That likely means multiple TDs from their receiving trio of Brown, Smith, and Goedert and a bad day at the office for our defensive backfield. You look at last years offense after week one and we were all jumping off a cliff in panic given how bad it looked. Then, by season's end, the offense had made big improvements and had clearly become the stronger of the two units. Does Philly dropping 40 on us in week one tell us that this defense, more specifically this secondary, is going to be awful again as a unit? Is the talent level such that we can accurately asses how average or bad this defense will be from one week of football?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad