Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Next few weeks in Ukraine will get very interesting. So far AFU seem to be pushing back around Bakhmut, possisibly threatening the RU forces three with encirclement. Since this would be such a huge embarrassment for Putin, MOD, and Wagner, it could also be that it is the perfect feint to draw RU strength away from where the real blow lands...

8,496 Matryoshka Doll Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Next few weeks in Ukraine will get very interesting. So far AFU seem to be pushing back around Bakhmut, possisibly threatening the RU forces three with encirclement. Since this would be such a huge embarrassment for Putin, MOD, and Wagner, it could also be that it is the perfect feint to draw RU strength away from where the real blow lands...

8,496 Matryoshka Doll Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

All my friends who are following every possible event over there are losing their minds waiting for the big push.   Its coming.  Russia is terrible in all phases of combat.  Imagine how terribly they will do trying to have an orderly withdrawal under fire.  Fugutaboutit. They don't have anywhere near enough troops to control the territory they have.  Once the partisans start setting off IEDs on the lines of withdrawal...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Is anybody else as troubled as I am about WaPo publishing leaked intel on Ukraine?

Very troubled.  However, let me put on my pre-2015 hat:  The house organ of the DC establishment does a thing.  It does not do that thing in a vacuum. 

Its like wondering why the NYT covers Trump with credulity.  Clearly, they are doing things on behalf of the NY plutocrats who pay their salaries. 

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Very troubled.  However, let me put on my pre-2015 hat:  The house organ of the DC establishment does a thing.  It does not do that thing in a vacuum. 

Its like wondering why the NYT covers Trump with credulity.  Clearly, they are doing things on behalf of the NY plutocrats who pay their salaries. 

I am legitimately worried I could get fired for opening one of the articles. Bad enough the newsletter subscriptions I have pumping to my email (to avoid using twitter steering me to news) have them.

Conspiracy Theory:

Putin poisoned Lukashenko with a radiation pill so when he dies he can move in and take over the country for an easy annexation:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rivals-putin-no-1-ally-180546290.html

So who can move in faster once Lukashenko is dead? Democratic Byelorussian and Western forces, or Russian?

My money is on the Russians, they're prepared for this, the west is not.

Sorry Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya.

12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Prigozhin is walking a fine line between self-aggrandizement and treason.

A razor's edge... and I think he's on the verge of getting permanently sliced.

the way he is trying to outrun the weakness at his flanks you'd *almost* think he was trying to get himself and his people surrounded and cut off, so he can part ways with Russia altogether/switch sides or at least negotiate his own safe passage to Brunei or the like.