Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1660953664591208449

Same author's tweet.  Hmmm...

The Kremlin is deeply concerned about the penetration of the DRG into the Belgorod region, - Peskov. “This requires a lot of effort from us,” said the press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation. He also added that these efforts are ongoing, as is the implementation of the NWO in order to "prevent such penetrations in the future."

These tweets must be really upsetting to people who have a vested interest in Putin's survival.

Edited by romad1

Hungary’s Orban sees ‘no victory’ for Ukraine

It should have never happened. For us, it’s obvious that battlefield solutions are not working. The question is not who invaded whom … The most important thing for the international political community is to save lives, especially if you are convinced, as I am, that there is no chance to win this war,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/5/23/russia-ukraine-live-news-attacks-on-belgorod-region-continue

Biden’s indecisive Ukraine policy risks defeat and humiliation

Whether you’re a gung-ho supporter of American military aid to Ukraine or skeptical about Ukraine’s importance to America’s national interest, the Biden administration’s erratic course should ring loud alarm bells.

The belated decision to provide F-16 fighters after months of refusal to do so is merely the latest Biden reversal, of course.

The practical effect of President Joe Biden’s halting and indecisive policy toward the conflict is to supply enough weaponry to keep Ukraine from losing but not enough to enable it to defeat Russia on the battlefield and drive the Kremlin completely out of Ukrainian territory,

The formal doctrine was called “graduated pressure,” and like the American disposition toward the Ukrainian conflict now, in practice it meant America would supply enough force to keep South Vietnam from losing but never threatening North Vietnam

America is only supplying weapons to Ukraine, overseen by a handful of trainers and military advisers. That’s how the early years of Vietnam unfolded, too.

The prospect of direct US or NATO military intervention in Ukraine seems remote, but with the apparent fall of Bakhmut in the last few days it’s possible momentum in the war is swinging to Russia.

It is another telling parallel that Biden has not given a major speech about the importance of Ukraine’s independence or the reasons — and depth — of American commitment.

This is probably because Biden would like to keep our war aims ambiguous, so that when trouble comes he can bug out in the same way he did from Afghanistan.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/bidens-indecisive-ukraine-policy-risks-defeat-and-humiliation/

Belgorod raid: Insurgents defeated after rare cross-border incursion - Russia

Armed insurgents who crossed the border from Ukraine to launch attacks in Russia's Belgorod region have been defeated, Moscow says.

Villages in the border region were evacuated after coming under sustained shellfire.

Russia says that 70 of the attackers have been killed and insists the fighters are Ukrainian.

Russia's defence ministry said a "unit of the Ukrainian nationalist formation" invaded its territory and were responsible for heavy shelling on the Kozinka checkpoint and the Gravoronsky district in the Belgorod region on Monday.

In a statement published on Telegram on Tuesday, the ministry said 70 "Ukrainian terrorists" had been killed and the rest of the fighters had now been driven back to the Ukrainian border.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65683374

21 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Belgorod raid: Insurgents defeated after rare cross-border incursion - Russia

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65683374

LOL - you don't seriously think they did this expecting to hold the territory did you? Defeated? More likely made their point and then melted away.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

70 of them are allegedly dead.

and back in the day we killed the entire adult population of Vietnam several times if you were to believe the Pentagon, and the Pentagon is about 100x more trustworthy than the Russian MOD.

More likely 70 dead local innocents.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I get most of my advice from Viktor Orban.

You know what they say (and by "they say", I mean literally no one says), "when the leader of one of the poorest countries in Europe talks, you listen"

Edited by mtutiger

I did not imagine originally that Musk bought Twitter to amplify Russian propaganda, but I do now.

I don't think Musk is necessarily in the pocket of Putin, per se, in the way many think of Trump as being so. I do think they are all fellow travelers with an interest in destroying democracy so they can destroy the need for competition in general and gather up all the money unto themselves. And if they were to somehow emerge victorious—I don't know how, but if so—it'll be a short honeymoon because they will then turn their guns on each other and ultimately destroy themselves, the way rival despots have throughout history. World keep turning.

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I did not imagine originally that Musk bought Twitter to amplify Russian propaganda, but I do now.

I don't think Musk is necessarily in the pocket of Putin, per se, in the way many think of Trump as being so. I do think they are all fellow travelers with an interest in destroying democracy so they can destroy the need for competition in general and gather up all the money unto themselves. And if they were to somehow emerge victorious—I don't know how, but if so—it'll be a short honeymoon because they will then turn their guns on each other and ultimately destroy themselves, the way rival despots have throughout history. World keep turning.

Ear worm!