Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

47 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

So much for the great training

And yet, despite a 30 second clip of what possibly appears to show some bad fighting technique, they've been able to hold off the entirety of the Russian army for the past year.

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Despite all the efforts of the former President, the NRA and the Tucker Carlsons and so forth

Who the **** are those 24%.     I would say Trump supporters but it's 23% of Democrats too.    How do they not see it?  How do they not see that Putin is trying to put the Soviet Union back together and he tried the biggest domino first?   Americans like to talk like tough guys all the time.   We've got nothing on those Ukranians.  Talk about tough.       

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Who the **** are those 24%.     I would say Trump supporters but it's 23% of Democrats too.    How do they not see it?  How do they not see that Putin is trying to put the Soviet Union back together and he tried the biggest domino first?   Americans like to talk like tough guys all the time.   We've got nothing on those Ukranians.  Talk about tough.       

24% in March 2022 which Tucker and company got to 30% after a year.   ISIS never got that high because a major US party wasn't funded by them via the NRA.

11 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Those results are very troubling.  Among both Republicans and Democrats, fewer people see Russia as an enemy today than did a year ago?  How is that even possible?

More people see Russia as an enemy today than did a year ago.

3 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Are you looking at the same survey?  The one that drops from 70% to 64% during the past year?

I was looking at it versus January, which was before the invasion. March of last year was after the invasion. I get why a few points peeled off from last March to this March. Last March was immediately after the invasion which was the high point of top-of-mind awareness. After a while I imagine a marginal amount of people just forgot about it. It's the same principle as when George Bush Jr scored a 84% approval rating among Democrats in the days after 9/11 after being in the 20s just the day before, and fell down to under 50 by the follow June. It's not because he was doing a great job as President overall. It was the heat of the moment.

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was looking at it versus January, which was before the invasion. March of last year was after the invasion. I get why a few points peeled off from last March to this March. Last March was immediately after the invasion which was the high point of top-of-mind awareness. After a while I imagine a marginal amount of people just forgot about it. It's the same principle as when George Bush Jr scored a 84% approval rating among Democrats in the days after 9/11 after being in the 20s just the day before, and fell down to under 50 by the follow June. It's not because he was doing a great job as President overall. It was the heat of the moment.

Whether you like the song or not, it will be FIRMLY planted in your brain for much of the day now.   Sorry. 

Pentagon overvalued Ukraine money by $3 billion says report

According to Defense Department officials, the United States overestimated military aid, including weapons and ammunition, sent to Ukraine by at least $3 billion due to an accounting error made by the Pentagon, Reuters reported.

No one notices 3 billion. Incompetent.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/05/pentagon-overvalued-ukraine-money-by-3-billion-says-report/

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

Russia’s deputy security council chair, Dmitry Medvedev, said on Friday that negotiations with Ukraine were “impossible” as long as Zelenskiy was in power. Ukraine has previously ruled out negotiating with Russia while Vladimir Putin remained in power.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/26/russia-ukraine-war-at-a-glance-what-we-know-on-day-457-of-the-invasion