Jump to content

Week Six: BYE


Recommended Posts

 

ezgif-5-938ded7089.jpeg.0779af108b4510c6eca4c3d3ea3522ec.jpeg

 

vs.

 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpeg.f570b25edc85b3950c0188545a36006e.jpeg

 

 

Judging by the prior game thread....

the-sky-is-falling-for-FB-advertisers-not.jpeg.5c3a132258a1f977bad0f84b6e052728.jpeg  sky-is-falling.jpeg.dfa9b0f293c6c7e44f497211101439b3.jpeg

animals-lion-wallpaper-preview.jpeg.2de0f3aef14ef57097fe92fb6562452c.jpeg

 

Elsewhere in the NFL

Primetime: Commanders @ Bears (TNF), Cowboys @ Eagles (SNF), Broncos @ Chargers (MNF)

1:00pm: 49ers @ Falcons, Patriots @ Browns, Jets @ Packers, Jaguars @ Colts, Vikings @ Dolphins, Bengals @ Saints, Ravens @ Giants, Buccaneers @ Steelers

4:05/4:25pm: Panthers @ Rams, Cardinals @ Seahawks, Bills @ Chiefs Eagles

BYE: Texans, Raiders, Titans

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lions 46 - Bye 53

Bye has a great running game, so I expect bye to average about 7.0 YPC and probably 4.5 yards before contact. Dan Campbell will blow a time out against bye to start the second half and it will cost us because we won't have it at the end of the game when driving against bye.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Have we heard any update on Saivion Smith?  It was such a weird injury.

He was released from the hospital and traveled back home with the team.

I'm not sure how the broadcast didn't see it but on the replay you can see him jam the receiver with the crown of his helmet and immediately fall to the ground afterwards. It was very reminiscent of the Reggie Brown injury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn’t have come at a better time.  
 

They need to get healthy on offense to have any success the rest of the way.   Swift, ASB, and the line are what make them dangerous.   Take them out or at limited health and what’s left aren’t capable of overcoming their tragic defense.   That other side of the ball is going to be a struggle and there’s just no way around it.   It’s not going to get fixed this season but hopefully they can get just a tad better and/or luckier on defense.  The schedule opens up at the end and 5 or 6 more wins can still happen.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we'll be using this bye week to heal up and get healthy. On that note. has anyone seen a recent update or report about Josh Paschal or Levi Onwuzurike? I had saw on Twitter that Paschal was practicing but not ready to play yet. I think the last thing I read about Levi was from MLive back in September where they quoted Campbell as saying it is a slow process to getting him back healthy. Other than the MLive report, nothing. Two second round picks and so far both have proved useless and haven't contributed a thing. Will we see either on the field this year? Is there a chance we can see Paschal the week after the bye?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I know we'll be using this bye week to heal up and get healthy. On that note. has anyone seen a recent update or report about Josh Paschal or Levi Onwuzurike? I had saw on Twitter that Paschal was practicing but not ready to play yet. I think the last thing I read about Levi was from MLive back in September where they quoted Campbell as saying it is a slow process to getting him back healthy. Other than the MLive report, nothing. Two second round picks and so far both have proved useless and haven't contributed a thing. Will we see either on the field this year? Is there a chance we can see Paschal the week after the bye?

Paschal has started the process and would be available in week eight I believe. Campbell made a comment on Levi last week that “that needle isn’t moving”… I wouldn’t count on Levi this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Paschal has started the process and would be available in week eight I believe. Campbell made a comment on Levi last week that “that needle isn’t moving”… I wouldn’t count on Levi this year.

I went back and looked at Campbell's last presser and saw that "needle isn't moving comment." I interpret that to mean he's not healing and isn't close to returning. I hope you aren't right about spending the season on IR, but fear you are correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Paschal has started the process and would be available in week eight I believe. Campbell made a comment on Levi last week that “that needle isn’t moving”… I wouldn’t count on Levi this year.

Just my opinion and I really hope I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I would tend to agree at this point. If he does not play this year I would anticipate he is drafted over and subsequently waived before week one of 2023.

I guess it'll depend on how the season and off season goes.  I mean, if he heals up and has a good off season I expect they'll give him a shot in 2023 to prove all the haters (aka: RedRamage) wrong.  And that's what they should do.  But if the needle continues to not move on him all season long and all off season long, then yeah, I could see him being cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RedRamage said:

I guess it'll depend on how the season and off season goes.  I mean, if he heals up and has a good off season I expect they'll give him a shot in 2023 to prove all the haters (aka: RedRamage) wrong.  And that's what they should do.  But if the needle continues to not move on him all season long and all off season long, then yeah, I could see him being cut.

Sure, if he competes he'll be able to make a spot on this team just like anybody else. I just don't think there will be anymore patience after this year to wait for him to catch up to where he needs to be in the NFL. Your back still hurts? Sorry, it can hurt somewhere else or it's time to retire. That's the nature of this league.

We can only hold a roster spot in abeyance for so long before that hold is a liability in and of itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As awful as the last two weeks have been, I don't think the season is over. If the team didn't quit on Campbell after starting 0-11-1 last year, which included a couple embarrassing performances, they won't quit at 1-4 this year. I'm not going to claim we are playoff bound or anything, but I still don't think hitting between 6-11 and 8-9 (i.e., going about 0.500 to finish) is crazy.

Our offense can click on all cylinders, even when short handed. We saw that through four weeks. Our defense can play well enough to win. I would argue we saw that in every game except the Seahawks - maybe the Eagles game too.

Getting Swift, ASB, and Jackson back will allow yesterday to be an outlier for the offense. The insurgence of Jaymo could be a true wildcard that makes the 30-40+ point performances the norm. There is no magic help coming for the defense, so they will likely continue to have some weeks where they are just plain embarrassed. If they can surrender between 20-30 points more often than not though, we will still be in position to win games.

If both our good offense and our middling defense (as opposed to our NFL history making poor defense) show up at the same time, I still think every game except Thanksgiving could be a win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

As awful as the last two weeks have been, I don't think the season is over. If the team didn't quit on Campbell after starting 0-11-1 last year, which included a couple embarrassing performances, they won't quit at 1-4 this year. I'm not going to claim we are playoff bound or anything, but I still don't think hitting between 6-11 and 8-9 (i.e., going about 0.500 to finish) is crazy.

I think what Zac Taylor did in Cincinnati is what Campbell, the organization, and fans can hold out hope for. Zac Taylor was a dumpster fire his first two seasons, partly because his QB in Burrow went down. Taylor was 4-25 in his first two seasons and then went to a Super Bowl. I'm not ready to give up on Campbell yet partially because constantly firing coaches over and over is not healthy for an organization and partly because I'm just exhausted as a fan, having to sit through a rebuild of the rebuild. I'm still on Campbell's side, even if I share individual frustrations with the guy and his decisions.

To play devil's advocate for a second though, it's one thing to have a rough first year start when your players know you are a rebuilding team. It's another thing to be two years deep and have 4-5-6 wins total through three seasons. I'm not an expert and I have almost zero idea into the mindset of an NFL player. But how long are players willing to hold out and fight for a guy when he continues to put them in bad situation on the field and lose games? Even if they like the guy, how long will they accept losing at this clip?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i would be surprised if Levi ever amounts to anything in the nfl.  i would not be surprised if he doesnt play this year and is cut next year in training camp.

the nfl is a hard hard game to play.  if your heart really isnt in it, youre not going to succeed.  

ask deshawn hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the nfl is weird.  one day youre the best offense in football and the next day someone figures you out and youre back to the drawing board.

the lions got figured out by the pats.  they are also missing their best playmaker in the backfield and two of their best receivers.  injuries play a role, especially with a rebuilding team like detroit.

let's see how they adjust after the bye.  i'm not optimistic, but they finished strong last year.  i think they need to do so again or else you might start to lose the locker room.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...