22-23 Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

After so many years of dysfunction within the Oilers organization, if they win the Cup this year Kenny should be awarded GM of the Decade.

Penguins eliminated, by the way.

good night cindy.

penguins fans talk a lot of ****, but their organization has benefitted from getting top 3 picks during transformational drafts (lemieux, jagr, crosby, malkin), other than that theyve been garbage 

15 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Penguins eliminated, by the way.

No Crosby or Ovechkin in the playoffs, Blackhawks just announced that Toews is playing his last game as a Blackhawk.  Changing of the guard really happening around the league.

Also I am VERY thankful the Penguins have no shot at Bedard, it feels like they would "luck" into him if they had even a half percentage chance.

4 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

No Crosby or Ovechkin in the playoffs, Blackhawks just announced that Toews is playing his last game as a Blackhawk.  Changing of the guard really happening around the league.

Also I am VERY thankful the Penguins have no shot at Bedard, it feels like they would "luck" into him if they had even a half percentage chance.

Funny, I still hold a grudge about 2009 and to this day like to see the Penguins fail. Whereas the Avs feel like a totally different franchise from before,  I hardly connect them to the 1996-2002 heated rivalry days. I felt nothing when they won the Cup last year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Funny, I still hold a grudge about 2009 and to this day like to see the Penguins fail. Whereas the Avs feel like a totally different franchise from before,  I hardly connect them to the 1996-2002 heated rivalry days. I felt nothing when they won the Cup last year. 

yes....but i still hate the avs.  i'll never let that go.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

This is exactly how I feel about both franchises oddly enough.  I still hate all the old Avs players but I don't mind the current iteration.

Final season stats. I’d like to see first half-second half splits for Kubalik and Husso, seems like both fell off pretty hard. Given Ned did the same the year before, Husso’s could have been due to overwork. So need two good goalies for next year with a balanced workload. Husso and someone. Not sure Ned is the backup or not. 

851CA9F2-B257-450D-BB10-D7295FD02AD7.jpeg

09E79AC4-DFE0-40D1-8B5E-12C56C335CB9.jpeg

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Zadina is going to learn a changeup in the offseason and turn it all around

The one good thing about the old site’s demise is that as far as I know there is no lasting written record of how much I gushed over him, Veleno and McIsaac on draft day. I believe I called it a “franchise-altering draft”. Or maybe it actually was …:(

• Haha 2

Makes sense where the Wings are in their developmnet cycle.  The shuttle between GR and Det can only get busier as more of Yzerman's picks make their way through the pipeline coupled to the fact they there is plenty of pressure to reach the playoffs next season so the value of having call-ups hit the ice running is at a maximum.

• 3 weeks later...