22-23 Regular Season Thread

Just now, Hongbit said:

An absolute fleece job.  Stevie should be brought up on charges for this robbery. 

wait....what?  vancouver?  why would vancouver do that?

hronek really turned a corner this year.  van wanted a right handed defenseman.  

huh.

hronek got exposed the last two games (like everyone else on this team).

damn stevie.  that's rude to take vancouver's lunch money like that.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

what does "pick can eventually move to 2024" mean?  its protected?

Sounds like it.  If I remember correctly, it's something like the 10 worst teams have a shot at #1 and #2, team 11 has a shot at #2 and 3, 12 has 3 and 4, etc.  So let's say they finish 12th last in the standings, but end up winning the draft lotto and getting pick 3 or 4, those are probably protected.  

Just now, ewsieg said:

Sounds like it.  If I remember correctly, it's something like the 10 worst teams have a shot at #1 and #2, team 11 has a shot at #2 and 3, 12 has 3 and 4, etc.  So let's say they finish 12th last in the standings, but end up winning the draft lotto and getting pick 3 or 4, those are probably protected.  

its the islanders pick that vancouver holds.  that pick is top 12 protected.  if the isles miss the playoffs this year, the wings get vancouver's #1 next year.  unprotected, i believe.

do we want the isles to make the playoffs now?

would you rather have pick 13 or 15 in this year's draft (which is supposed to be loaded) or a shot at vancouver's unprotected #1 next year in a draft that might not be as talented?

regardless, i dont think isles are making the playoffs this year so it will be vancouver's pick next year.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Holy F*+k !!!

Just saw that...

I guess Stevie is adamant about increasing D size and toughness so.. Hronek is out...

Wow!!!

Now the other shoe that has to drop is Bertuzzi isn't it? You've more or less raised the white flag on this season even if it is a good trade for Hronek. 

17 minutes ago, buddha said:

do we want the isles to make the playoffs now?

would you rather have pick 13 or 15 in this year's draft (which is supposed to be loaded) or a shot at vancouver's unprotected #1 next year in a draft that might not be as talented?

regardless, i dont think isles are making the playoffs this year so it will be vancouver's pick next year.

I think it'll be Vancouver's pick next year also...

But unless that's a lottery winner or they are just top 5 pick regardless...

I'd almost rather have this year's pick at 13-ish because with the Red Wings pick at 10-12-ish... SY can either grab two top talents or make a trade up to get a guy he really wants. Not certain if this is better than a higher pick next year... just thinking out loud...

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Now the other shoe that has to drop is Bertuzzi isn't it? You've more or less raised the white flag on this season even if it is a good trade for Hronek. 

"Let's come to an agreement Tuzz, on an extension, otherwise I WILL trade you..." - SY quote on the phone with Tuzz two minutes ago...

1 hour ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Hronek is 25 and has shown the ability to improve. I don't think this is the fleecing people think it is. I love Stevie. It makes sense as the Wings can easily replace him. But Hronek isn't a terrible player. He is a young guy with upside.

Nobody is saying that Hronek sucks.  He’s having a great season but he’s not worth a 1st and a 2nd now.

I haven’t found a hockey pundit yet that likes what Vancouver gave up in this trade.    I think you and @lordstanleymay be the only people in the world that think this is a fair deal for Canucks.  

Edited by Hongbit

18 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Hi Kenny,  it’s Stevie.  How’ve you been, bud? 

I'm still interested in obtaining the Maple Leafs Timmons and Woll. Hey Leafs, want a Bertuzzi?

And if not... Kenny, can you do us a solid and overpay for Bertuzzi? ... give us a couple decent prospects and a 2nd and we're good to go. Start with Reid Schaefer and...

41 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Nobody is saying that Hronek sucks.  He’s having a great season but he’s not worth a 1st and a 2nd now.

I haven’t found a hockey pundit yet that likes what Vancouver gave up in this trade.    I think you and @lordstanleymay be the only people in the world that think this is a fair deal for Canucks.  

When did I say that? I made two posts. In one I reported that Canuck talk radio is angry and confused by the trade, I didn’t say anything about disagreeing with that.  In the second post I speculated that the Wings could be able to get more for that 1st round pick than they gave up to get it