22-23 Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Our defense and goal may be closer to being fixed than our forward lines. I wouldn't have predicted that 2 years ago.

Yzerman doesn’t seem to have made a bad move yet. Well maybe Vrana but Mantha doesn’t appear to much of a loss. It’s been good strategy to go defense 1st because two or three bodies is all you need for a big impact. Seider and a revitalized Hronek, and now Walman and there you are. I think we are already at a point where most of the Wings trouble in the own end is weak puck pressure by our forwards. 

Edited by gehringer_2

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yzerman doesn’t seem to have made a bad move yet. Well maybe Vrana but Mantha doesn’t appear to much of a loss. It’s been good strategy to go defense 1st because two or three bodies is all you need for a big impact. Seider and a revitalized Hronek, and now Walman and there you are. I think we are already at a point where most of the Wings trouble in the own end is weak puck pressure by our forwards. 

Outside of maybe the Chiarot signing, I can at least see what Steve was going for for most of the moves that didn't work out (Perlini acquisition, etc.)

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Outside of maybe the Chiarot signing, I can at least see what Steve was going for for most of the moves that didn't work out (Perlini acquisition, etc.)

i think you saw the thinking behind the chariot signing last night.  he's a physical defenseman and the wings lack physical players.

has it worked out?  mmm....well...

but i can see WHY he did it.

Doucet, 21, has skated in 58 games between the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Val d'Or Foreurs and Halifax Mooseheads this season, ranking among the league leaders with 45 goals (1st), 44 assists (T11th), 89 points (4th), 11 power play goals (T6th), eight shorthanded goals (1st) and a 26.9 shooting percentage (1st). The 6-foot, 187-pound forward has recorded 36 points (18-18-36), a plus-21 rating, 12 penalty minutes, four power play goals, one shorthanded goal and a 25.7 shooting percentage in 24 games since being acquired by Halifax from Val d'Or on Dec. 21.

23 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Seems like a reasonable deal...hopefully he can stay healthy and they can draft/sign some offense...and some snarl

Just asking what everyone thinks...

If we had traded for Timo and put him on Larkin's line...

What would that look like? Would that line be even more productive because of the matchup... plus whoever is the other forward? Do their numbers go up... or do both of them basically run at the same numbers as they have been, around a point per game?

I know our bigger need is a 2C...

Just wanted to know what everyone thought about adding a premier shooter to Larkin's line...

52 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Looks almost the same as Horvat.  They were going to be the top free agent centers available this offseason.  

horvat was 8.5.

wings were in a bad spot.  had to keep him so they overpaid a bit.

now go trade bertuzzi.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

horvat was 8.5.

wings were in a bad spot.  had to keep him so they overpaid a bit.

now go trade bertuzzi.

this one is going to be more interesting. Signing Larkin was no-brainer, but I wonder more about where Bertuzzi's skill set (and baggage) rank put him SY's hierachy?

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

this one is going to be more interesting. Signing Larkin was no-brainer, but I wonder more about where Bertuzzi's skill set (and baggage) rank put him SY's hierachy?

they need physical guys like bertuzzi.  but given his injury history and likely contract demands, they should probably deal him.

signing larkin to that deal after he was nowhere to be found the last two days is bad timing to me.  im interested in seeing what this team will do when ottawa comes to detroit, but i suspect it will be nothing.  theyre just not that kind of team.

40 minutes ago, buddha said:

they need physical guys like bertuzzi.  but given his injury history and likely contract demands, they should probably deal him.

signing larkin to that deal after he was nowhere to be found the last two days is bad timing to me.  im interested in seeing what this team will do when ottawa comes to detroit, but i suspect it will be nothing.  theyre just not that kind of team.

Bert can play an abrasive style, but he's not big enough to create much physical 'presence.' I tend to think they would rather deal him, but he may have succeeded in torpedoing his trade value over the last year, thus I wouldn't be that surprised he does't get moved now. Afterall, even if they don't wan't him long term they can sign him and then trade him in the off-season just as well.  

Edited by gehringer_2