22-23 Regular Season Thread

Dying to know what happened with them, the Wings definitely seem to be absolutely done with Vrana.  I had a feeling when a few days back a reporter lobbed a softball to Lalonde asking about how well Vrana has been scoring lately and he chose to mention that Vrana also scored 1 goal in an entire month in the AHL.  Seemed a bit out of character for Lalonde to be so upfront about a "current" player so alarm bells went off like crazy for me.

48 minutes ago, buddha said:

i hope it sticks.  theyre finally playing better (level of competition caveats apply) but could really use that scoring.

100% agree, hopefully this all was either purely conditioning or they can partially repair their rift because the Wings are desperate for any sort of scoring.  I think I saw that Detroit has the second lowest expected goals of any team which lines up with the eye test.

20 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

In the Freep St.James seems pretty adamant that they've only brought him back to try to move him, but she doesn't offer the reasons for why she believes that.

HSJ has largely been an organization mouthpiece so could be some truth to it, though I think when Yzerman came on board that kinda dried up but I don't read her stuff much.  Personally I am done speculating because I have no clue at this point haha.

its pretty obvious they arent happy with something about vrana.  i suspect he'll be next to impossible to move given his lack of production and salary.

he was on waivers and no one touched him, why would anyone now give up assets for him?  seems far fetched to me.

if he wants to rebuild trust with the team - and rebuild his career - he'll toe the line and get his act together on and off the ice.

if not, c'est la vie.  not every trade works out.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

he was on waivers and no one touched him, why would anyone now give up assets for him?  seems far fetched to me.

yeah. then again, things can always change -- if he plays well. Play well and some team might decide they don't care about past baggage. Heck if he plays well enough the Wings might decide they don't care about past baggage.  🤣

I think the limiting factor is the time though. Even if there is some change in the underlying reality (which is admittedly probably a long shot) there is a limit to what you can prove in any direction between now and March 3.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Regarding the waivers point, maybe some team would take Vrana if the Wings retain money but I would be surprised if it happened.  It does open up more options for teams rather than just who can afford his cap hit on waivers.

most of the contenders have no space left and there are better options out there than a guy who cant make it out of the ahl because of personal issues.

he has talent, maybe some team thinks they can help him better than the wings?  

i think if he gets dealt its in the summer.  but we shall see.