22-23 Regular Season Thread

Bad move?  Mantha hasn't been too good in DC.  The 2021 1st was flipped to get Cossa...he's doing pretty well right now in his 1st pro season in Toledo and the 2022 2nd was Buchelnikov...looks like a prospect if he ever comes stateside.

In any case...I think it's too early to say it's a bad deal as the assets we got back are still developing

10 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Bad move?  Mantha hasn't been too good in DC.  The 2021 1st was flipped to get Cossa...he's doing pretty well right now in his 1st pro season in Toledo and the 2022 2nd was Buchelnikov...looks like a prospect if he ever comes stateside.

In any case...I think it's too early to say it's a bad deal as the assets we got back are still developing

Ach - I forgot about the pick!

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ach - I forgot about the pick!

vrana scored as many goals in detroit as mantha did in washington.  in 1/3 of the games.

the trade didnt work out perfectly, but its ultimate value will depend on how cossa and buchelnikov do.

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

color me confused

Detroit pulled out on the JVR trade I guess...? At least at this point.

Or maybe they 1st have to move Sundqvist...?

If they bring him in...

I think it's just for playoff-level leadership, not for his soon-to-be 34 y.o. skillset...?

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I would guess SY is collecting the later round picks just to trade them later, haven't we heard him say threre isn't much to find in the later rounds of the draft? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

No...

He said the team needs to "hit" on some later round picks. It can't just be 1st rounders that a team hits on...

In reference to your point... he has also said that a team can haver too many draft picks and needs to utilize them in different manners...

So... he's used them in trades (obtained Husso for a pick), and in trade ups to target a player (Cossa). I think that this is what you are thinking of...?

26 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Apparently JVR is now NOT coming to Detroit??

NHL TV Network is going to discuss this failed trade.

Also: Detroit may have been only a salary retention team for a pick in this trade, but... not certain what failed in the trade?

Watch NHL and we'll see...

7 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

NHL TV Network is going to discuss this failed trade.

Also: Detroit may have been only a salary retention team for a pick in this trade, but... not certain what failed in the trade?

Watch NHL and we'll see...

detroit retained salary on bert and vrana, they cant retain anymore.

yzerman is assembling a lot of picks.

that islanders pick could end up being vancouver's unprotected first in 2024 and the bert pick could be the bruins unprotected first in 2025 if the bruins age results in them tanking next year.

shrewd, imo.