22-23 Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Cruzer1 said:

Yzerman is slipping.

Seriously, though; they have plenty of young talent to take over. They will also have about 40 million in cap space next year. This draft looks like a deep draft. And their system is loaded.

Haven't we heard the same thing a few times over the last several seasons?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yup. Another guy who is OK but for whom I would take what I can get.

I've really come around on Suter this season, I think he'd be a really good get for a contending team with PK issues.  I never really noticed how good he is on the penalty kill but he's really been great this season.

21 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I've really come around on Suter this season, I think he'd be a really good get for a contending team with PK issues.  I never really noticed how good he is on the penalty kill but he's really been great this season.

But he is a bit of a one trick pony in that regard. He's sort of in that mid teir with Fabbri and Kubalik (who's really come down to earch since the hot start), a cut above the Zadinas and Velenos....

41 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I assume they will be bringing Edvinsson and Soderblom up once all the smoke clears from the deadline.  Time to give them some more experience.

edvinsson will get a 9 game stretch at some point.  probably not more than that.

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

But he is a bit of a one trick pony in that regard. He's sort of in that mid teir with Fabbri and Kubalik (who's really come down to earch since the hot start), a cut above the Zadinas and Velenos....

True, but GM's talk themselves into these guys all the time!

Well, I guess the dorks on Reddit will have to quit talking about “2z” now. 

It’s a shame he wasn’t dealt last season, but how could Stevie know he was going to have such bad puck luck this season? It always seemed that this season was too early to expect a playoff run, but I’m not SY. 

2 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

... It always seemed that this season was too early to expect a playoff run, but I’m not SY. 

We were damn close to a playoff run... And we even made a huge feint in that direction...

Twice.

At the beginning of the season; and the recent spate of games not including the last 3...

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

We were damn close to a playoff run... And we even made a huge feint in that direction...

Twice.

At the beginning of the season; and the recent spate of games not including the last 3...

Is making the playoffs to get bounced in 4 or 5 games worth not improving your team long term? 

I am hungry to win too, but it was the right decision to sell. 

2 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Is making the playoffs to get bounced in 4 or 5 games worth not improving your team long term? 

I am hungry to win too, but it was the right decision to sell. 

I am not disappointed in the moves, but enough now with the gathering draft picks.  Time to do something big next offseason and be in an absolute playoff run next year.    We keep waiting and waiting and waiting (on all of our teams).  Time to be bold. 

20 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

you need two.    Husso's been great this year, but I don't know if that continues long term.  

youre going to give up assets for a goalie?  that's not smart.

goalies are very fickle.  husso is fine.  you dont need another highly paid goalie.

15 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’m not totally sure what Vrana did, but whatever it was made his relationship with the Wings irreparable. His days were numbered.  

Weird case. If you really want an off the wall speculation I suppose the reverse could also be true - that Vrana holds it against the Wings that they put him into oversight and has made it clear he doesn't want to play for them and is refusing to cooperate with the team. The way Lalonde talked about him not playing in the system - and then the other night again saying he was sitting because Lalonde needed someone who would play in the system - made it sound like Vrana was determined to just to freelance in whatever ice time he got.

well whatever, I guess that closes the book on a bad move for SY. Even for Mantha that nets out pretty poorly. 

Well, you can't win 'em all.