22-23 Regular Season Thread

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So is Husso is  considered the #1 goalie over Ned? I didn't pay attention to that discussion in pre-season.

I don't think they will have a #1 and #2.................I think they are going to play about equal amounts unless someone gets red hot or ice cold.      Ned will probably start tomorrow in Jersey.

20 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So is Husso is  considered the #1 goalie over Ned? I didn't pay attention to that discussion in pre-season.

I haven't seen it decided anywhere either.  I assumed Ned was the "1" based on the preseason schedule, I'm guessing with the back to back Lalonde is preaching that neither is the starter since both would play no matter what.

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I believe I heard Daniels say exactly that.

I think it's going to be like that all season with the netminders.   I think Ned looked great the first half last year but he and the team defense faltered so badly in the second half.     I think it's like NFL running backs.  Good to always have a 1a and 1b.  

Lalonde's laser-focused on improving team defense this year and having a fresh goalie is a big part of it.  

I don't think Jake Allen "stood on his head" last night.  I don't think the Wings had a lot of second chances last night and they have had that problem for awhile now.  I mean, the only non-empty net goal was a second chance goal.   

It makes you appreciate Tomas Holmstrom and the beating he took more and more.  

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

1-0 Devils after 1. Had been watching football so don’t know anything about how the Wiings have looked. 

NJ has been able to get them scrambling in their own end a lot, haven't looked very organized. Big line has played well, not so much any of the others.

Edited by gehringer_2

NJ had the jump the majority of the time early but this is one of those games that wasn't quite as lopsided as the shots. Too early in the season for it to mean much but still good to see the Wings getting stronger as the game went on in the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

Vrana has a great scoring touch, nice to see the Wings have someone besides Larkin who can flat out fool a goalie.

Wings D still making too many terrible attempts at outlet passes. I think at one point Lindstrom made three in a row that were directly back to a NJ player.