22-23 Regular Season Thread

Sometimes you gotta steal a few.   They stole one tonight.    They'll have a few stolen from them too, but this feels nice. 

It certainly feels like we're going to lose Tyler Bertuzzi for a few weeks.   

So, this looks like Filip Zadina's time to step in.   Do you pop him right on the top line -  prove it, kid?    

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

otoh, elmer and the big line continue to impress.  they are playing much more physically than last year.

I was watching to see late in the game if, as is typical in the NHL, a team that is down tries to 'take it' to the other team and if the big line's ice time would increase in the last few minutes. The answers appeared to be 'yes' on the second and understandably 'no' on the 1st.   🤔

9 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

He's probably really upset he took a shot in the arm at the very least

You know what?  That went right over my head..............how did I miss that? 

Well played, sir.

I apologize unreservedly.  I deeply regret any distress that my actions may have caused you or your family and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such behavior at any time in the future.   

• Haha 1

I'm guessing Vrana has a substance abuse issue he is dealing with? My hope isn't for hockey or the teams performance without him in the lineup at this point. From one human being to another, my hope is that whatever this young man is dealing with he gets the treatment, help, and support he needs to recover and move beyond any potential addiction issues he might be battling. All the best to Jakub Vrana and those closest to him!

From a hockey perspective though it really sucks. Just like the problems of Austin Meadows and Eduardo Rodriguez contributed to the derailment of the Tigers’ season. Now we just need one of our promising top prospects to lose a season to injury like Casey Mize or struggle all year like Spencer Torkelson.